This Town Ain't Big Enough - ODH vs ORH - Suggestfest

Started by ODH, July 15, 2013, 01:29:16 AM

ODH

Thanks all and thanks Jim for the vocal. I could never have managed a natural sounding vocal like that for this.

I'm actually quite impressed with GarageBand piano, sounds really authentic, I think. My next GB project will be a string quartet arrangement, I fancy.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Greeny

Quote from: Nick_ODH on July 16, 2013, 03:27:17 AMI'm actually quite impressed with GarageBand piano, sounds really authentic, I think. My next GB project will be a string quartet arrangement, I fancy.

I'm really starting to get to grips with Garageband now. I avoided it for a long time, but it's a great tool - and as you say, the piano sounds are excellent. I've used it in two ways: to compose songs which I then add regular instruments too, and to enhance songs that I've written on guitar. I prefer the cello, violin and viola on Thumbjam though.

On the evidence of this song alone you've REALLY got yourself sorted on Garageband!

I'm currently indulging in all the vintage synth sounds for some 80's electro-pop  :-)

ODH

Quote from: Greeny on July 16, 2013, 03:38:06 AMOn the evidence of this song alone you've REALLY got yourself sorted on Garageband!

That's necessity being the mother of invention again. Don't hardly get a look in on my guitar and stuff since the baby came. Weird thing is when I did get a rare couple of hours on Saturday I spent it on GarageBand anyway.

Quote from: Greeny on July 16, 2013, 03:38:06 AMI'm currently indulging in all the vintage synth sounds for some 80's electro-pop  :-)

Look forward to hearing that  :)

Geir

Wow this is really impressive!

Such a complex song and you've done a fab job.

Excellent collab guys!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Pete C

Well done you two - really enjoyed this.

My mum-in-law died a couple of weeks ago so I'm just catching up on what I've missed. Hope to get started on my suggestion from ORH this weekend.

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Jarle

recorder
Boss BR-800

Oldrottenhead

cheers for letting me on this odh, nearly burst a lung trying to fit all those words in  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

cuthbert

Very well orchestrated - I can imagine this wasn't easy to pull off. I was hoping that Jim would wear his tight pants when he sang this.  ;D

Braw, tell both yer maws.  :)
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

ODH

Quote from: oldrottenhead on July 18, 2013, 03:26:07 PMcheers for letting me on this odh, nearly burst a lung trying to fit all those words in  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D.

No, thank you Jim.  No way I could've done a vocal for it, can't even sing along to it in the car...

ODH

Quote from: Pete C on July 18, 2013, 01:13:45 PMWell done you two - really enjoyed this.

My mum-in-law died a couple of weeks ago so I'm just catching up on what I've missed. Hope to get started on my suggestion from ORH this weekend.

Pete

Thanks Pete.  I'm sorry to hear about your mother in law.  Hope you and your wife are okay.