"All Along The Watchtower" Hook covers Dylan (suggested by ORH)

Started by Hook, July 02, 2013, 02:48:50 PM

Hook

All Along The Watchtower
Time:
0:00
Volume:
SuggestFest (banner image missing)

So in that mammoth list of suggestions by ORH I saw my little name & and I can't pass up a reason to record. I've done this one live for years, it's great for the solo acoustic guy with a looper. 3 chords looped then layer an arpeggio, shaker, tambourine, bang a beat on the guitar and poof your a full band take a solo and sing. I did this version with the sole intention of start to finish on the zoom H4N but it's just not good enough. I recorded the tracks (all stereo) with the H4N through it's mics. The uke/vocal track is with an effect called deep vibe, probably a guitar effect but cool, specially through cans.I'll post a separate post on the H4N later this week but the mix down capabilities are sadly lacking. No reverb to add and kind of a pain in the ass to maneuver. Regardless I imported the tracks into audacity, leveled them and then imported them into the mbr. I added reverb and mixed/mastered on the mbr then back to audacity to level & trim. I'm exhausted, this is for you Old Rotten Head!
1 uke/vocal (stereo)
1 keys & mini batman lunchbox drums (stereo)
1 melodica(stereo)

All Along The Watchtower
written by Bob Dylan
performed by Hook

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

bruno

recorder
Boss BR-1600

kenny mac

Oldrottenhead

thank you very much hook, it's totally brawtastic, this festival is gonna be braw tell yer maw. loving that melodica i need to get one methinks.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Burtog

What a wicked version, even better than I was expecting, the melodica is delightful, one of my faves from you Hook.

Mega
recorder
Boss BR-800

64Guitars

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Gnasty

Okay i have to change me last post on your song and say now THIS is the best cover you ever did!
Freakin so different but all you!! Love the melodica but your vox are really good!!! And all the work you
put into it is exactly the same i do. Yes I agree. Tiring... Zzzzzz
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

steelguitar

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"I'm sitting on a comet / Slowing speed / I'm landing on your planet / On your land of weed" Daniel (de Sète)

https://www.facebook.com/TheMAUSS

Redler

recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Jarle