glastonbury 2013

Started by Oldrottenhead, June 28, 2013, 04:22:01 PM

Pete C

Seen The Stones a couple of times during the 90's and wasn't impressed but really enjoyed tonight's set.

Chic were great too last night!
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

henwrench

>:( >:( >:( >:(

Don't get me started...

I'll keep it brief, 'cos I WAS in a good(ish) mood...

Arctic Monkeys?
      Absolute fucking rubbish, how about a real band for a Friday night. Queens Of The Stone Age/Foo Fighters/Faith No More woulda done it for me...
             Rolling Stones?
       Now I gotta admit they wrote 3 decent songs in their sorry exsitence. But in all honesty, they are THE shittest live band in the history of live bands...no doubt about it, Black Sabbath shoulda been headlining tonight...they are number 1 in the album charts, and even all those middle class c*nts woulda known more of Sabbath than those w^nkers, The Rolling Stones. And don't say they wouldn't, 'cos they would...

Happy Days...
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

saw some video of auld ozzy from their current tour, the guy cant hold a note, tho the band where great. am not a stones fan but was well impressed, but chic have been the highlight for me so far. was looking forward to the arctic monkeys but i thought they had morphed into roxy music and was well disappointed, luckily i flicked channels just in time for chic..
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

bruno

er- not sure that I should say this, but I fell asleep during the Stone's encore. I watched it with a Stone's fan, who loved every minute of it, I was slightly embarrassed by Mick Jagger's strutting around the stage - and the rest of the band seemed strangely dis-interested. Charlie Watt's played a blinder for me, but the rest ..... hmmm. Never been a fan, and I know there are those who absolutely love 'em on this site, but I don't think that I'd pay to see them, not on their Glastonbury performance. Sorry.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

SteveB

Wasn't overly impressed with Charlie Watts and his group, though Charlie shines as usual - and I still think that 'Tumblin Dice' is one one the best songs ever recorded, as by the Rolling Stones.
Enjoyed Elvis C's set, and what a mightly fine voice he still has.
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

launched

Quote from: henwrench on June 29, 2013, 05:48:05 PMArctic Monkeys?
      Absolute fucking rubbish, how about a real band for a Friday night. Queens Of The Stone Age/Foo Fighters/Faith No More woulda done it for me...
             Rolling Stones?
       Now I gotta admit they wrote 3 decent songs in their sorry exsitence. But in all honesty, they are THE shittest live band in the history of live bands...no doubt about it, Black Sabbath shoulda been headlining tonight...

Or Fu Manchu even. They at least rock.

The Stones... I can't understand their very existence. I owned albums for the girl factor when I was younger, but now that I'm more "mature ;D" if a woman doesn't like my music well, you know!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Burtog

recorder
Boss BR-800

ODH

Quote from: launched on June 30, 2013, 11:37:19 AM
Quote from: henwrench on June 29, 2013, 05:48:05 PMArctic Monkeys?
             Rolling Stones?
       Now I gotta admit they wrote 3 decent songs in their sorry exsitence. But in all honesty, they are THE shittest live band in the history of live bands...no doubt about it, Black Sabbath shoulda been headlining tonight...

Or Fu Manchu even. They at least rock.

The Stones... I can't understand their very existence. I owned albums for the girl factor when I was younger, but now that I'm more "mature ;D" if a woman doesn't like my music well, you know!

I'd have been at Public Enemy.

Don't believe the hype, y'all...
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Oldrottenhead

mumford and sons, yawn, i think i'll go to sleep. i missed bruce forsyth please tell me the audience booed him off the stage. ;D ;D ;D ;D
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

ODH

The XX

Beautiful.

Keep your Stones...
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter