glastonbury 2013

Started by Oldrottenhead, June 28, 2013, 04:22:01 PM

Hook

I'm so far away from what's current, I've got me some catching up to do. I did however see Cat Power about 2 years ago in the smallest little bar in Chapel Hill, NC. They (she & whoever it was then) were crazy strange, kind of unprepared and completely captivating. A show I often think about.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Hook

deep Valley is like a large breasted, stripper shorts version of the White Stripes...captivating! Look at that girl play those drums all weird, love em!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

ODH

Throughout my life the Stones have been "before my time" and I've never got them.  And I'm 48.  But there's plenty of other bands from before my time that I love and are big artists of mine.  I was thinking why that was and I think it comes down to liking the bands that have been sited as an influence for the bands I like from my time.

So loads of the bands I like will list the Beatles, Hendrix, the Doors, Roxy Music, David Bowie, T Rex, Iggy and the Stooges, Sabbath, Zeppelin (and so on and so forth) as influences, bands that existed in that 'before my time' space; and now I love those bands too.  It's like going back to the original source material.  I don't ever recall hearing a band list Rolling Stones as a major influence.  In the same way that you never hear bands say "U2 were a big influence on us" (apart from the Script, which totally proves my point).
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Pete C

I don't know why - I remember their singles from the early 80s but was never a fan - but I really enjoyed The Tom Tom Club so much so that I watched them twice more on i player.  Its been a sad time as my mother in law went into hospital on friday and is sadly on her way.  Think it cheered me up seeing a bunch of musicians who really looked like they were enjoying themselves.
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Oldrottenhead

ooh baby still got nick cave to watch , never even knew he was there http://www.bbc.co.uk/events/ej58q9/acts/ar6wrz#p01c4fml
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann