glastonbury 2013

Started by Oldrottenhead, June 28, 2013, 04:22:01 PM

AndyR

I saw some of it - it's definitely becoming less and less my sorta thing. A few years ago I watched everything I could, avidly. This time it was "dear oh dear, where's the remote?"

I did enjoy the Rolling Stones, much to my surprise. I've never seen/heard any live stuff of theirs where they came across that good before. Mick Jagger even made me laugh ("Er, that's new" when audience went out of time during You Can't Always Get What You Want and threatened to turn it into a quite musical sounding canon). And it was great to see Mick Taylor with them.

BUT, Kenny Rogers's band rocked more than they did!!! :D

I was amazed to be impressed by PIL, utterly amazed.

Elvis Costello, on the other hand, was just about fine... everytime he stopped playing his horrid sounding guitar.

Not really heard of anyone else I saw. Some bunch called the Strypes (Stripes?) were impressive.

I did watch some of Nile Rogers for old time's sake - love the guy and his geetaring, but that kinda music live doesn't grab me (and I can never hear his guitar enough!!).

Went to bed before Mumsford & Sons. The missus likes them, but I find their records a bit boring. She'd gone to bed, so I thought "I'm buggered if I'm staying up to watch them if the fan has already hit the sack..."

I have to say I found Radcliffe and Whiley very annoying. I've always been in love with Lauren, though... (otherwise she might have seemed just as annoying). Probably just as well that I've not listened to anything other than Radio 4 for about 20 years! :D
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

bruno

Holy shit - just watched Chic - brilliant. Forget the stones!

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Oldrottenhead

still to watch

savages
primal scream
i am kloot
steve mason
and the xx

lots of goodies here http://www.bbc.co.uk/search/iplayer/?q=Glastonbury
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Burtog

Whoever said Jo Whiley was annoying - I second it, she is the most overated radio DJ ever, can't stand her.
Lauren Laverne is cool tho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK-4G6ArehM
recorder
Boss BR-800

ODH

Quote from: Burtog on July 01, 2013, 01:45:57 PMLauren Laverne is cool tho.

Agreed.  My missus tells me I should've married her.  There's still time, I say...

Quote from: Burtog on July 01, 2013, 01:45:57 PMWhoever said Jo Whiley was annoying - I second it, she is the most overated radio DJ ever, can't stand her.

Agreed
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Burtog

Quote from: Nick_ODH on July 02, 2013, 12:42:53 AM

Agreed.  My missus tells me I should've married her.  There's still time, I say...

Quote from: Burtog on July 01, 2013, 01:45:57 PMWhoever said Jo Whiley was annoying - I second it, she is the most overated radio DJ ever, can't stand her.

Agreed

I pray that Jo Whiley never ends up on 6music - I dont think I could take it.

Lilly Allen summed her up quite well here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MZzaCobhtE
recorder
Boss BR-800

AndyR

Quote from: Nick_ODH on July 02, 2013, 12:42:53 AM

Get in line, old chap... :D
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Geir

Quote from: henwrench on June 29, 2013, 05:48:05 PMNow I gotta admit they wrote 3 decent songs in their sorry exsitence.
Funny you should say that. That's the exact same numer I've come to ::)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Greeny

I love the Stones on record, but was hugely disappointed by their set. I don't think they've ever been able to deliver as well as they should as a live act. They just comes across as sloppy and un-drilled. Jagger does his best, but he's not hitting the notes. I've seen Stones tribute acts who easily outperform them. Sorry to moan, but it was built up into such a huge thing and felt like a bit of a let-down. Chic on the other hand... that's how to put on a show.

Can't stand Jo Whiley or Radcliffe. Especially Whiley. Actually, I hate the whole scene and fake mystique surrounding Glastonbury.