Autumn Rain - solo acoustic by Farrell

Started by Farrell Jackson, June 26, 2013, 08:43:14 AM

Farrell Jackson

Autumn Rain-audio-file
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I've been toying with the idea of getting a collection of solo acoustic songs and putting them together for an album. I have a half dozen or so and Autumn Rain fits in nicely with them. I'm using my 1979 Takamine 360s Dreadnaught acoustic mic'ed with a couple of Superlux small condenser mics. The guitar is in a standard tuning. It was raining the day I recorded it so if you listen closely at the end fade out, you can hear the rain hitting the roof of my studio. I thought it added the perfect outro and title for the song so I went with it.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

ODH

Very nice composition.  Is that actual rain I can hear in the background?
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Facemask93

This is lovely Farrell , i'm glad you took the time to re-record , the tone has recorded very nicely , excellent

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Redler

Fantastic playing and beautiful melody! I'm already on my second listening...lovely tune.

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Hi Farrell, a delightful piece excellently played. An absolute pleasure to listen to..........Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Jarle

recorder
Boss BR-800

Farrell Jackson

Quote from: Nick_ODH on June 26, 2013, 10:27:15 AMVery nice composition.  Is that actual rain I can hear in the background?

Thanks Nick, Robbie, Kari, Willie, and Jarle!

Nick - you have very good ears! It was raining when I was recording this so I took advantage of nature and let the recording run for a bit. The condenser mics picked up the rain hitting my studio roof but it was very faint. So I boosted the outro fadeout volume, using Audacity, to a level that even my old ears could hear it. Nice pick up!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Greeny

Really beautiful. Love the breathy, organic recorded tone of the Takamine. So natural and good. Of course, it helps if you can play one as well as this! Lovely stuff.

T.C. Elliott

Quite lovely. It's a keeper for sure. I could hear this on an an Americana album... it might fit quite nicely on the soundtrack for the movie "the rookie" from a few years ago.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

64Guitars

Excellent guitar playing, Farrell. Well recorded too. I really enjoyed listening to this.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig