'Do You Believe Me Now?' Greeny Monday Original

Started by Greeny, June 24, 2013, 06:33:09 AM

Greeny

TIM GREEN_Do You Believe Me Now
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Happy Monday (again!)  :)

Luckily I did this one last weekend before I lost my voice.

Features electric piano, clav and drums in garageband, topped with acoustic guitar, Les paul x 2, bass and vocal. Recorded and mixed on the MBR.

thetworegs

Excellent perfect for this sunny Monday up here in them there hills.....Thanks ;D

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

henwrench

A very quick 4 minutes, if you know what I mean...

Washed over in a wonderful almost easy-listening kinda way, I guess electric piano's always have that effect. Another effortless song and superb sounding recording.

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

maxit

wow, very smooth and fascinating, and I love the choir here and there - classy. wonderful sound of garageband - do it plays automatic comping like BIAB, from written chords ?

recorder
Audacity

Greeny

Quote from: maxit on June 24, 2013, 06:51:25 AMwow, very smooth and fascinating, and I love the choir here and there - classy. wonderful sound of garageband - do it plays automatic comping like BIAB, from written chords ?

Garageband has lots of auto accompany settings, but I don't like how most of them sound. You still have to play the chords manually - it doesn't read anything in etc. I wrote this song on guitar then created a backing track for myself on Garageband and imported it into the MBR.

Quote from: henwrench on June 24, 2013, 06:50:15 AMI guess electric piano's always have that effect.

Ha ha! I know exactly what you mean. I've always loved them since I heard the intro to the Logical Song by Supertramp. THAT is the sound I always wanted! And it's a bit close to the one I've got here!

Farrell Jackson

Well done again Greeny! You're comment about the electric piano and Supertramp put a smile on my face. That exact thought came to me with the very first piano chord...it has that Supertramp vibe so mission accomplished! It's been mentioned before but your bass work in this song is piece of art in itself. It's like a lead instrument that doesn't take center stage but is so stylish that it can't be ignored. An excellent Monday post!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Geir

Sweet wonders of Green Mondays.

Absolutely fabulous !

Wonderful instrumentation, so perfectly performed.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Oldrottenhead

am stressed out putting up roller blinds for mrs orh all day, you have stopped me going out into the street and stabbing passers by with my philips screwdrivers. wonderful, i'm getting some steely dan in there too.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

ODH

Quality.  Always quality.

Quote from: Greeny on June 24, 2013, 06:33:09 AMLes paul x 2

You have two Les Pauls?  I'm jealous...

Quote from: oldrottenhead on June 24, 2013, 10:51:42 AMi'm getting some steely dan in there too.

I thought that too
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Redler

Sweet Greeny tune, again! Loved that chord progression - very laid back feel! I have never heard any bad tune from! Great job!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR