My Medical History

Started by henwrench, June 24, 2013, 03:42:37 AM

henwrench

My last two songs had no guitars in 'em, so this piece has a couple of guitars in it.
  Same old henwrench, take 4 vocal lines and repeat until bored.

henwrench

Time:
0:00
Volume:

The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

thetworegs

Sabbathy with a Henwrench twist....great stuff ;D

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Oldrottenhead

yah nutter! i love the wee twiddly bits, especially at the very end when it went from being sabbathy to soft machiney
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Geir

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Greeny

Utter guitar filth! Love the dirty distortion, the very un-henwrench vocal, the spaceships landing, and the demonic child playing on a satanic xylophone. Heavy duty and wonderful. I too loved the progged-up ending.

AndyR

I just had to check out a Henwrench song called "My Medical History"... but the minute I pressed play, the missus came home and started talking at me, so I missed everything except the fabulous durty geetars swinging away in the background (I didn't really take in what she was saying either... mebbe I've got to do the washing up or something...)

Second listen... Oh yess... love it
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Jarle

I love it.

Quote from: Greeny on June 24, 2013, 06:29:02 AMUtter guitar filth! Love the dirty distortion, the very un-henwrench vocal, the spaceships landing, and the demonic child playing on a satanic xylophone. Heavy duty and wonderful. I too loved the progged-up ending.
So well said.

JOA
recorder
Boss BR-800

bruno

Fab - love the sound of this - evil guitars.
This rawks  ;D ;D ;D ;D
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

swill

That was absolutely wicked. I'm a worshiper of, Deep Purple, Judas Priest and Black Sabbath and you absolutely nailed the sabbath sound. There's just a couple things, if i may offer a couple small tips.. please don't be offended, I assume your heavy guitars are panned hard left and right ? Try 90L and 90R to allow some spill into the 30% zone of panning. What i usually do with my basslines is, i record Direct In, then in Amped. And to make it sound heavier, i duplicate the DI take and add a very small amount of distortion to it, thereby ending up with 3 bass tracks. This will make it sound incredibly full as if there are 4 guitarists all playing at the same time with slight variations.
However, your track is superb. I enjoyed it.

phantasm777

nice one henwrench! it's not really like Sabbath, but good none the less.