My first track

Started by swill, June 23, 2013, 03:57:06 AM

swill

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

Hi all.
About a month a go i completed my first ever rock album and posted it to SoundCloud to get some feedback from people around the world.
I hope you guys will like what you hear. Here it is. The first track of the album called, 'Another Life'.

chunk

Good stuff. Did you do all the drum programming? Sounds great.

swill

Yes i did. I'm a lone wolf, so i have to do everything myself. I also live in a very remote part of Kent in the UK, actually it's a tiny little village surrounded by farms. There is no musical talent around my way unfortunately.
Thank you for the kind comments.

Redler

Awesome track, swill!! Well written music! Real cool drum programming and nice job all around!!! Top class proction, as well! Welcome to the site!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

not usually the style of music i would listen to, but really well done. welcome to our wee corner of the interweb. what do you use to record and how did you do the drums. and it sounds to me like there is a lot of musical talent down your way.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Jarle

Great track. Well composed and produced. I really like what I hear.

JOA
recorder
Boss BR-800

Speed Demon

An excellent composition. The vocal and instruments are outstanding, as well as the drum programming.

You've found the right place. There are a great number of musicians here that will happily assist you in your musical endeavors.

Welcome to Songcrafters.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

Hook

Quite a cool, heavy groove you got going on here. i really dig the hard edge music with the clean, almost laid back vocal.  I also would love to know what you use to record!
Welcome & Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

swill

Hi all.
First of all, thank you so much for your comments and i believe i have joined a forum with a very supportive group of people.
The tools i use are: for recording i use Cubase, the drums are done with Superior Drummer, the guitars are processed through Line 6 Pod Farm 2. I have a lot of different heavy guitars at home. The bass was done with a Fender precision and again processed through Pod Farm. I use 2 different mics for vocals, an MXL 2006 and a Rode NT1a. On my other tracks you will hear some synths and piano which are done with a midi keyboard and also a Roland and Korg synth.
The mastering was done with the basic tools that came bundled with Cubase.
I hope this is helpful
Thanks again

Farrell Jackson

Well done Swill! The drums sound great as do the guitars and vocals. I with Hook on his comment about your hard edged yet clean recording sound. Excellent!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?