To hide the tears in her eyes
He turns so not to see them

She walks
He follows closely behind
He likes to watch her shoulders

[CHORUS]

And we will watch the morning come

Burtog

I juts listened to your last track and again this one is great - there is some crackling on the track and this time it does feel mostly panned to the left.

I really like your tunes, nicely put together, they would sound great with more backing instruments.

What do you record on?
recorder
Boss BR-800

thetworegs

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Hi Everlin, you do indeed have a beautiful voice and you write some really lovely songs but I agree with Burtog, maybe a little more instrumentation  and a few more minutes spent on production and they would be out of this world.......Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Everlin

Hi!  I appreciate the feedback.  Unfortunately, I have neither the equipment, the physical ability, nor the budget to acquire extra instruments or better sound.  These two tracks (Hearts Like Gold and Little Birds) were recorded on my aunt's Martin using her FastTrack guitar/mic interface and my usual GarageBand setup, which were a step up from my normal default mac mic (in the laptop) and Washburn.  I recorded a third (forthcoming: "ACME's Unmeltable Wings") which has more problems, so I debated about uploading it.  (If there's interest I will!)

I'm looking into getting a mic, interface, and software on my own, but I don't currently have the means to do so (being a college student with a very low-paying job).  The "tick-tick-tick" noise I had thought was just from my own headphones (which have had problems before) must have been from the interface itself, which was old and has problems. 

Currently, the only things I am working to make progress on are the vocals, composition (words and music), and guitar skills which I am trying to improve with each song.  Please comment on those if you get the chance, as they are the only factors I have real control over right now, unfortunately.  Thanks so much for the advice!

P.S. Sorry for the long and wordy post!

maxit

hey I decisely missed some promising songwriting here! very good song, and the recording cint bad at all. I find it very 'real' and intimate, just bravissima !
recorder
Audacity

Geir

Great song Everlin, and beautifully performed !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

thetworegs

"Their skin is longing for the sun"  .....they must be English ....Wonderfull keep em coming......please.    ;D

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

launched

Love this, has a smooth Joni Mitchell quality to it. We need more of that in this world!

Great songwriting and beautifully done, you're already there in my opinion. If you're not already sharing this with the world you live in, well, you should be!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Hilary

Hi Everlin

I thought the guitar playing was great, as are the vocals. I liked the contrast in pace between the verse and the chorus and I really loved the line "he likes to watch her shoulders". I wonder why you are counting in as it's just you (very minor niggle) and if it were me I'd change the line "buck up darling" because I don't think it quite fits (it doesn't seem natural to me).

Keep at it, you've got a distinctive charm to your songs and your delivery.

Haylie x

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça