Main Menu

The Tell

Started by galestermusic, June 21, 2013, 11:20:37 PM

galestermusic

The Tell
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Been dealing with a lot of things lately. I don't get it. The one thing that makes me happy (music) I walk away from every now and then.

Had this crazy riff in my head and "The Tell" is what it turned into.

I would like to know where the hell all the reverb came from. I didn't use any except the snare and the kick  ???

IanR

Hi Greg,

I really liked The Tell. 

You created a cool guitar vibe that showed off your playing ability without going overboard.  Did you build the drum track with the Rhythm Editor?  It fitted in really well.

cheers,

Ian

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Bluesberry

Thats a really beautiful melodic guitar line here, well done.  This just grabs my attention.  Really strong melody.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

galestermusic

Hi IIan and Berry and thanks.

Ian I have been stuck with DAW recording every since I stuck that SONAR LE disc that comes with the BR-800. I use the BR now for a myriad of things so it doesn't go unused. I used the step sequencer in SONAR X2 for the drums. I couldn't vision it in one measure so I had to use two.

Berry I get in RUSHesque moods sometimes. lol I kept hearing that riff played it on the acoustic a lot of 9 chords gave it a dreamy feeling. Played on the Epi LP special II and I liked whta it sounded like.

I'm still learning new stuff. It's a shame I didn't attack this this way 25 years ago or so.

I've learned some mixing and mastering techniques that I used on this and have made my others sound terrible. Would be just as easy to master them on the BR800.

Off I go to the next one! :)

Hook

Love this tune brother, great playing & very enjoyable listen!
Next One On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Jarle

Nice tune. Well played.

JOA
recorder
Boss BR-800

Redler

Awesome guitar work! Excellent instrumental tune - sounds great via phones!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

chunk

Hi Greg, great playing mate. DAWs are still something of a mystery to me and like you I wish I'd worked harder at it years ago but never had the time. Your work however is paying off and here's the proof. Love it.....Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Everlin

Your piece really spoke to me.  Beautiful guitar.  I hope that you're okay.  Music usually helps me work things out and get through the rough patches, sounds like it may do the same for you.  Good luck with everything!