Main Menu

The Tell

Started by galestermusic, June 21, 2013, 11:20:37 PM

ODH

Dreamy

Quote from: Everlin on June 24, 2013, 07:18:16 AMYour piece really spoke to me.  Beautiful guitar.  I hope that you're okay.  Music usually helps me work things out and get through the rough patches, sounds like it may do the same for you.  Good luck with everything!

My thoughts too.  Making music just untangles those knots in the brain.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

phantasm777

hell of a job lestg! nicely done all around!

Greeny

Made me think of some mean and moody skyline shots on CSI Miami or something cinematic like that. Awesome playing, and the mix gives a big, epic soundscape. Excellent stuff.

djbride

Outstanding guitar work on this, sometimes subtle then building up without going too over the top.
Great guitar tone and a nice mix, it has a real dreamy feel to it.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=1049425

"Rock is dead they say, Long Live Rock, be it dead or alive"    P. Townsend

Farrell Jackson

I'm with the rest on this Lestg, dreamy and fantastic playing. It shows you guitar talent well and leaves us wanting to hear more. The slow build in your melody is very cool. It could be your Tell that there's more to come!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Rata-tat-tat

Ok Greg... I dedicate my 3000 post to this track.... cause it's awesome. Not sure what you were hearing on the Verb... I'm listening in cans and I can only hear it on the drums. Perhaps your guitars are competing with the verb, but it sounds very balanced to my ears. Great geetar playin buddy... you rule.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

galestermusic

Wow Rat and everyone thank you! Just kinda had to let this go. It was in my head and I just went with it and it snowballed. I've been doing a lot of reading both for SONAR X2 (SONAR X2 Power is an awesome book.) I have been frequenting sites like Mike Senior's learning how to mix and master. I'm glad this turned out the way it did. The reverb thing bothered me. I listen through AT M40's and I think I need to upgrade these headsets. I've been missing a lot of good music.

kenny mac

Great playing Greg,well done.

Oldrottenhead

magic greg, i hope you are keeping well, this one's a belter.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann