moment by jemima's kite

Started by Oldrottenhead, June 13, 2013, 12:50:57 PM

Oldrottenhead

Moment - GTAr add
Time:
0:00
Volume:
when tim was here in glasgow. he had a wee shot of my juno and my busted woolies fender copy. i then sang a lyric. sent result off to mike and geir. mike added some bass, then geir added some viking guitar.

will post the lyrics when i can. and expect mr fife to do a remix.  ;D ;D

moment
w/m
jemima's kite
drums and rhythm guitar greeny
vox  oldrottenhead
bass flash harry
lead guitar geir
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Rata-tat-tat

Excellent... would've loved to been there with ya'll.... Great tune... LOVE IT!!!
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Jarle

Wow, fantastic emotional song. Well played and composed. I love it.

JOA
recorder
Boss BR-800

MrBud

Loved every bit.  Tracended....Then thought, i should mention about the bass feel,drums too...oh,the electric is there the whole time,but does not step on anything,,By the way, [i hate making comparisons with other artists]
But,the first lines are sung by Paul Simon without doubt,,if i dident know any better--smooth man--
Not to say it is you. Your original,,?  Great. And,so very true.Waste no time.... ;]
Up And Adam

64Guitars

So glad to hear a new song from Jemima's Kite. It's been a while. And it's awesome! The drums stand out as they're quite different from what I'm used to from you guys. Were they done on the Juno? If so, are they from preset patterns or played in real time from the keys? Just curious how the Juno works for drums, if that's what you used.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Kenny B

Ohh yeah!!!  This is an excellent tune .... Has a different feel from most JK stuff ... maybe due
to the rhythm which is very cool and tight.  How'd you do the bass Flash?  Sounds a little like a synth.
Anyway ... it's all excellent from the guitars to the rhythm to the smooth vox and excellent mix.

kb
recorder
Zoom MRS-1266
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

What a flipping dual rhythm/lead guitar track here, the guitar work is extraordinary, breathtaking even, seriously.....................its all good, wonderful.  Son-of-a-bitch good.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

greeny used the preset paterns on the juno. it is not unlike the micro br in the way it works. you pick a rhythm  pop 1 pop2 rock3 or whatever, but then you can select different kits. then there are six buttons with different patterns, verse 1 verse 2 fill etc, and you let 1 pattern play then hit the next one as and when you feel . does that make sense.. so anyway greeny did that live to two tracks via line in for a stereo mix. and used the drums as a template for  his guitar.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Burtog

recorder
Boss BR-800

64Guitars

Quote from: oldrottenhead on June 13, 2013, 02:51:25 PMgreeny used the preset paterns on the juno. it is not unlike the micro br in the way it works. you pick a rhythm  pop 1 pop2 rock3 or whatever, but then you can select different kits. then there are six buttons with different patterns, verse 1 verse 2 fill etc, and you let 1 pattern play then hit the next one as and when you feel . does that make sense.. so anyway greeny did that live to two tracks via line in for a stereo mix. and used the drums as a template for  his guitar.

Ah, yes. That sounds like my Yamaha keyboard. In BR terms, it's like you're playing the arrangement in real time by pressing the appropriate buttons at the desired time. But the patterns are presets.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig