"Vaguely Specific" a Tampaska original

Started by Hook, June 11, 2013, 03:41:18 PM

Redler

Psychedelic and dreamy tune! Distorted and phaser uke sounds cool! Awesome drum track!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

Cool song and great drum track. I love the uke with all the effects. Reminds me of Nash the Slash of the Canadian 70s band "FM", although he used an electric mandolin rather than a uke. Did you wrap your head in bandages? ;)

You guys should cover "Phasors on Stun". I love that song. There are no guitars in it. It's all mandolin, violin, synth, and drums. Check it out.

[grooveshark]31947210[/grooveshark]

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Gnasty

Another Tampaska classic! Yes yes i love the ukes, the drums and the song!!

Quote from: 64Guitars on June 12, 2013, 08:22:02 PMYou guys should cover "Phasors on Stun". I love that song. There are no guitars in it. It's all mandolin, violin, synth, and drums. Check it out.

[grooveshark]31947210[/grooveshark]

Yes! Phasers on stun! Goodone 64! I bet only a finger count on here know that tune. They still play that on Q107 from time to time.
Nash the Slash was a judge in a battle of the bands i was in years ago.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Rata-tat-tat

That's a really cool tune 64.... I can't wait to get back to my drums... would love to play this one. Right up my alley on the beat.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Hook

Quote from: 64Guitars on June 12, 2013, 08:22:02 PM. Did you wrap your head in bandages? ;)

Sure ...I did...

Quote from: 64Guitars on June 12, 2013, 08:22:02 PMYou guys should cover "Phasors on Stun". I love that song. There are no guitars in it. It's all mandolin, violin, synth, and drums. Check it out.

Killer tune 64, very impressive that there are no guitars. Might be a little beyond my abilities but if I could pull in Geir & Gnasty...maybe we could come up with something.

Seems to be some corruption on this track to. The drum fill at the beginning is all funky but the rest seems fine. If I can get the time I'll try to post another file. Thanks for the kind words!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Kenny B

Excellent tune!!!  ... it's got some interesting uniqueness to it ... cool sounds Hook.
And your vox are sounding great and strong as usual.  I gotta tap into those
RTT drums too when I get a chance ... good stuff!!!

kb
recorder
Zoom MRS-1266
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Burtog

Its an unusual track, especially at first but once my ears were trained it got better and better.

Distorted phase uke sounds proper good!!
recorder
Boss BR-800