St Miner's Prayer

Started by henwrench, June 11, 2013, 04:29:49 AM

cuthbert

I dig it, and found it very interesting...love the odd Americana references and the keyboard backbone you gave to this and how your bass bounces all around it so melodically. Very interesting drums as well...did you do them on the Technics? Sounds almost like you played them by hand.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Rata-tat-tat

A bit of a different edge for you Henny... and its great. Love the bouncy Keys and of course your production is way up there in clouds... This is one awesome tune buddy!!!
recorder
Tascam DP-02

bruno

Lots going on in this one. This is quintessentially English music with an american theme, interesting. The drums are almost hypnotic - this will take a few listens!

Its very captivating, draws you in - has wonderful swirling sounds - this is a real delight.

B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Flash Harry

More introspective than other stuff you've done, though still voyeuristic - this is going onto the PiePod.

Magic
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

64Guitars

I like it. The ending caught me by surprise though. I was enjoying it with my headphones on when, suddenly, everything got sucked into a black hole. I wasn't expecting that. :)

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

henwrench

Quote from: cuthbert on June 11, 2013, 03:33:59 PM...love the odd Americana references..... Very interesting drums as well...did you do them on the Technics? Sounds almost like you played them by hand.

The towns mentioned are fictitious.

The drums are good old MBR drums but with delay on 'em.

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

"Nine o'clock by the shop full of snakes"...

Now that's a gorgeous line (amongst many).

I love the lyrics. Hell, I love all of it. There's a sea shanty feel on the accordion-sounding keyboard bit. And the bass part is a thing of wonder.

Feels like a departure, but a beautiful one.

Fan-f*cking-tastic.

Tangled Wires

Five minutes +....Henwrench goes Prog!

Liking this departure in style, but what remains is your ability to create a captivating arrangement and melody, and those MBR drums give it all a nice little kick along when they appear.

Nice one!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

yah bastard i was googling all those places, ya bugger!
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

64Guitars

Quote from: oldrottenhead on June 12, 2013, 05:37:56 PMyah bastard i was googling all those places, ya bugger!

:D  I did too. I thought the lyrics might have been inspired by some historic event that happened there. Ya got me!

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig