Blue for you(chunk and kenny mac)

Started by kenny mac, June 03, 2013, 04:04:09 AM

Redler

Loved the instrumental track, but with all those vocal additions this jumped a huge leap forward!! Brilliant tune, fellas!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

kenny mac

T.C. Elliott

I love that vibe feel and the guitars are great, nearly the perfect touch. The vox reminds me (forgive me) of Billy Idol. It's got a snarl to it that is understated but perfect. Well, that isn't exactly right, but it's close. I really, really like this song.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

phantasm777

pretty cool! has a 80's feel, sort of in the vein of billy idol!

kenny mac

Cheers T.C ,you know I never thought of it that way but I totally get it,after your comments I listend back and your right,there is a bit of billy there.
It's amazing what transpires when you start recording and its also amazing just what
creeps into a performance,thanks again,nice to know you paid so much attention to the detail  ;D

Rata-tat-tat

Mixed to perfection... that's what I love about you two. So punchy and clear... I'm glad TC mention'd the Billy Idol comparison... I would have racked my brain trying to figure that one out... Which I don't think is necessarily a bad thing. He had some good tunes back in the day. You guys rock big time!!!
recorder
Tascam DP-02

64Guitars

Great job, guys! I hear Billy Idol in the vocals too, but with a bit of Jim Kerr. And I agree with Greeny about the Talking Heads comparison. I think it's the bass. It really has a Talking Heads feel and sound to it.

Awesome recording.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

chunk

Thanks 64. The bass is muted acoustic guitar. That's basically what the whole thing is, Acoustic guitars and a beat with some electric additions from Kenny.

Bluesberry

Damn guys, flipping lovely......and I don't just throw around praise lightly, but this is most excellent, most excellent........really strong groove here.  Great job fellas.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

oooh yeeah,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,nearly missed this one, great work guys.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann