"Not in my Name" by The Longhair Tigers

Started by Damián, May 23, 2013, 10:22:00 AM

Damián

The Longhair Tigers - Not in my Name
Time:
0:00
Volume:
The music was created at the request of a friend of mine, he have to make a photo slideshow in the university, with a group of 4 people, they have taken different pictures of the last flood in Buenos Aires in April, photos taken after the flood.  That's why the track sounds very background and the sound of rain recurring.

I sent the track to Jim and he was inspired by events in london yesterday, but not directed just at the muslim faith, but all faiths that can cause someone to carry out atrocities in their god's name.

Greeny

Wow. This is powerful.

Brilliant lyric, James. So apt and full of heart-wrenching truth. Got a bit of a 'Biko' feel going down in the chant-like coda.

And a superb musical platform to build upon. Top quality playing and production.

I still can't fathom what happened yesterday here in London. It's not being spoken about (amongst normal people that is), and there's no change to our daily life and grind. It's like nobody knows what to say or think about it.

Jarle

Powerful is the word. The music and lyrics are perfect for eachother. This song should not be necessary. >:(

JOA
recorder
Boss BR-800

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

SE

A moment captured. by the lyrics and vox, my hugely inferior song "All Insane" was written before the events in London, but was written on the same subject. Big respect to all involved, magic!!!!!!!!!

recorder
Boss BR-80

SwanSong

Agree with comments , well constructed great lyrics.,
and vocal.s.....great listen all the wa y NEIL

KILLBEAR

Where did you get the "Thunder" clip for this?

-KILLBEAR
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE INTERVALS 8)

dobrodaddy

Brilliant!!!  It's great that your soundtrack led to James's inspired lyrics.  Cuts right to the heart of the matter.  DD

Thanks for listening!

recorder
Zoom H2

Redler

recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder