'Witching Hour' Greeny Original

Started by Greeny, May 23, 2013, 03:06:00 AM

Greeny

02_TIM GREEN_Witching Hour
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Forgive me posting 2 in a week, but it's been a while. And I'll be away next week (unless Mr Higgins and I get an impromptu jam together in Glasgow... :D).

My latest song and a personal favourite. A bit of a departure, style-wise.

Tanglewood Acoustic, my trusty Fender Tele, Bass, Vocals, and some Thumbjam Sax, Trumpet and Mellotron Flute. Recorded and mixed on the MBR.

Note: I was a bit wasted when I sang this, ha ha

maxit

...and I like your fine 'british sound'! why ask forgiveness for posting a gem like this? forgiven by my side ;-)
recorder
Audacity

henwrench

Jesus wept, this is good, pushing your songwriting to a whole new level. This demands many listens, love the verses and bridges in particular. So, so many good things and influences going on. I can even hear a wee bit of Lenny Kravitz in there (His first two albums are ace).

The only thing that I can't help but pick up on is the slightly disturbing points where the drums seem to go out of sync, there seems to be some lovely wide spread/trickery that works so well, but trips up over itself (to my cracked ears) and just very slightly spoils the journey for me.

On my third listen now, and yes, I hate you...

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

bring yer guitar tim, there is an open night at the box http://boxglasgow.co.uk/ on tuesdays, if you are up for it and aren't too knackered after the journey.

songs boston  getting beatles and xtc all gone green, braw.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

Quote from: henwrench on May 23, 2013, 04:38:57 AMI can even hear a wee bit of Lenny Kravitz in there (His first two albums are ace).

Funny you should say that. I often think of his first album, where the production is quite sparse but totally wonderful. That album was a big influence on me*. I told him that when I met him!

*I've subtly been ripping off the 'Let Love Rule' title track for years!

Greeny

Quote from: oldrottenhead on May 23, 2013, 04:53:59 AMbring yer guitar tim, there is an open night at the box http://boxglasgow.co.uk/ on tuesdays, if you are up for it and aren't too knackered after the journey.

I'd be up for it, but that might be pushing Gabe's endurance a bit too far!

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

henwrench

Quote from: Greeny on May 23, 2013, 05:22:44 AMI often think of his first album, where the production is quite sparse but totally wonderful. T

I bought that when it came out on vinyl. I remember how I thought how much it sounded like a 'real' record, like records sounded when I was a kid. Wonderful.

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Hook

Love that telly sound & the TJ additions are very well done and give it that thick, lush sound!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Jarle

Great song. I love the orchestration and arrangement.

JOA
recorder
Boss BR-800