Saari (voicefest, vocals by Päivi, lyrics and composition by Kari (Redler)

Started by Ella, May 19, 2013, 02:38:08 PM

Ella

Accap
Time:
0:00
Volume:
VoiceFest (banner image missing)

Hello all!

This is my first songpost. We've recorded the next tune with instruments, too. But this version was recorded for Voicefest.  

Oh boy, it wasn`t easy! We made several tracks and I tried to choose good combination. There must be voices enough and not too much. I don`t know, how I succeed. But I must say, that we really had wonderful time with Kari to doing this, like we always have when we make music. ;)

I`ll be back to listen and comment later. Now I must go to sleep. It`s late and tomorrow it`s working-day. I don`t like mondays!

Päivi

Jarle

Wow fantastic first post. Welcome. I am really looking forward to hear more from you.

JOA
recorder
Boss BR-800

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

64Guitars

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Hilary

Wow indeed - what a beautiful voice you have Päivi and welcome to Songcrafters x
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Hook

That's insanely awesome, so beautiful & mysterious & just amazing! Welcome, it's about time you joined! ;D What a great first post!
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Redler

I wrote this song a couple years ago when wandering on island (the title Saari means Island in English). Lately, we have rerecorded my songs and when VoiceFest won the poll, we noticed that when I muted guitars, this could work as accapella version. So, Päivi added a few vocal tracks more and here we go. Thanks dear, it jumped a huge leap forward...

This tune was recorded on Micro BR and mixed on Audacity. Btw, I purchased another Micro BR on special offer (130 €), because in the future my trusty MBR (quote by ORH ;) ) may shatter on some day. I gave the newest one to Päivi and she's hooked on it!!!

Thanks 64 for accepting me for the fest, too. I'm "playing" percussion after chorus...on my mouth naturally :D.

Kari

recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

bruno

Fabulous - I have no idea what the words mean, but am lovin it :-)

This is a great first post - brilliantly done.

Welcome to Songcrafters.

B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

andy casson

Oh good grief this is amazing! Sounds Finish to me, but I only ever learned Kiitos and beer. Welcome Ella, thank you Kari - incredible listen, marvelous! You have a wonderful voice, and you are very welcome!!!
Download for sure!
bravo
Andy