Battery Help

Started by soundjunkie, February 19, 2009, 09:14:23 PM

I'd like to ask what type of rechargable batteries are best to use for the micro br.full specifications please e.g. alkaline,1.5v,etc.

tkofaith

I use Duracell AA/HR6/DC1500 NiMH/1.2V and Nuon (Came with my charger) AA/1.2V/2500 mAH/NiMH.  I've had great results with both.  :)
Cheers!

Tim

"Music survives everything, and like God, it is always present.
It needs no help, and suffers no hindrance.  It has always found
me, and with God's blessing and permission, it always will."
--Eric Clapton

visiblemember

I've been using rechargeable batteries in hand held radios, shortwave radios, GPSs and flashlights for the last twelve years. My first reliable batteries were Maha AA and AAA 2100 NiMH along with a charger that allows me to drain the batteries before recharging them. From that first purchase until I left the US in 2002, I collected about 16 batteries. Of those, two or three failed within a year. I've bought rechargeable Duracell, Energizer, Green and a few off brands. The last of the Maha brand batteries died two years ago. That's better than four years use from those batteries.
 Out of 10 Duracell rechargeable 2650 mAh purchased within the last three years, only four are still usable. And those remaining(Duracell) batteries are only useful fresh out of the charger. Two years ago I bought 8 Energizer rechargeable 2500 mAh and only two are will still hold a charge under the same conditions as the Duracells; They are useful fresh from the charger, but left alone they loose their charge within a few days.
 Five months ago I Bought four ENELOOP pre-charged batteries and loaded two in the boss. I used them til they were drained- approx. four hours. I charged them, put them back in the package and pulled them out this morning. i loaded them into the Micro BR and they are still full. Time will tell if these are going do what they were marketed to do--hold a charge while in storage.
   Regarding the supposed short battery life of the Boss micro BR; My hunch is that a heavy guitar cable on the input side of the boss won't draw extra Ampres. But the output side is affected by earbud/headphone size, cable length and gauge. Of course the powered mic setting will draw its share as expected.
I hope this is good info for everyone. Thom
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

ianjm

I use Uniross 2500  rechargeables and they last quite well before they need charging again

BossMicroBRew

For me it is...

Energizer 2000 mAh NiMH
and
Duracell - AA/HR6/DC1500 - 1800 mAh NiMH

Both drop to "half power" on the BR in a fairly short amount of time but then stay there for quite a while. They provide me plenty of time for what I do with it. Can beat the PSA adapter though.

BossMicroBRew
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton