It ain't greener (contains adult language) - Johnny Mac and Hilary

Started by Hilary, May 04, 2013, 08:55:37 AM

Hilary

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

Well it's taken me a year to pluck up the courage to write to other people's music and now there's just no stopping me! This was originally an instrumental by Johnny Mac (and his mate playing the bass) called Rasp Foot. I added the lyrics and vocals and Johnny remixed it and It ain't Greener was born (for those of you paying attention there's a bit of a pattern emerging here in that no one has actually asked me to write any lyrics yet, but I don't let a little thing like that put me off).

Contains adult language. Johnny's original, Rasp Foot, is on Soundcloud at www.soundcloud.com/Johnnymac1965

Thanks very much Johnny, I love it!

It ain't greener – Hilary Fox 29.4.13

You know you want it
But you can't have it
I ain't giving it away

You knew had it
But you blew it
you went and threw it all away

The grass ain't always greener
It ain't greener
I ain't falling for your bullshit
The grass ain't always greener
It ain't greener

Well you wouldn't know what was good for you
Came and knocked you on the head
Then you slope off with the first tart that comes along

You come back knocking on my door
with your crocodile tears and your fake smile
thinking you're back where you belong

Well I ain't falling for it
I ain't falling for it

Well I ain't falling for it
I ain't falling for it

Why would you want a cheese sandwich when you could have steak
What could she give you that I wouldn't, no don't answer that I think I can guess
Oh I bet you're just crying in your beer now, if you're not then you should be
Yeah come on, I wanna see you beg, sorry I can't hear you

Hey motherfucker, well you want to be my lover, well it ain't gonna happen no more
Hey motherfucker, well you want to be my lover, well it ain't gonna happen no more

What's the matter, did you get fedup of listening to Justin Beiber and 1 Direction
Well a leopard don't change his spots and a pig's only good for bacon
Who's got the last laugh now

Ha ha ha ha

It ain't Greener
Johnny Mac (music) Hilary (lyrics & vocals)
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Jarle

recorder
Boss BR-800

Nelson

Absolute Brilliant, you 2.

Johnny, what a masterful arrangement. That bass is lethal.

Haylie, My Oh My
Somebody better tie her down because once she really get her groove, she'll be off like rocket.

The energy you put into your performance is contagious and your creativity seems endless.
Love that rap

Kick Ass Tune guys.
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Hilary

Quote from: Nelson on May 05, 2013, 08:51:25 AMLove that rap

I've created my own genre - rap in harmony - it might catch on  ???

Thanks for the lovely comments guys.
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

DeificDave

Great collaboration, I particularly like the vocal harmony, well done all!  8)
"The universe is a million billion light-years wide, and every inch of it would kill you if you went there. This is the position of the universe with regards to human life." ― Martin Amis

http://www.youtube.com/user/deificd/videos

7thson

That was a funky little groove!  I loved the singing Haylie and the layering too!  glad I'm following you on soundcloud or I might have missed seeing/hearing this gem!

Boss BR-800

Johnny Mac

Thank you, glad you like it. The bass player is a mate of mine. He was in a British Jazz Funk band in the 80s, going on TOTPs ect.
I played two guitar parts and a midi guitar for the Rhodes. The Drums were Superior Drummer 2 with the funk masters expansion. I think thats Jabo Starks, James Brown's drummer playing there! Haylie sent her vocals on an email in 3 parts.
I panned Haylies parts one 45' left, one 45' right and one in the middle. Added a touch of reverb. All mixed and mastered in Logic 9.

Hilary

Thanks Dave and 7thson - I'm pleased you follow me too on Soundcloud Mr 7thson :)

Cheers Johnny - you forgot to say we're related or are you not admitting that - ooops too late  ;D

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

cuthbert

I dig the funky guitar/bass backing and the production is very well polished. Vocals sit just right in the mix. Haylie, hope you don't mind me enjoying the adult language - I got a kick out of how very clearly you enunciate "bullshit"! :)
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Hilary

Quote from: cuthbert on May 06, 2013, 03:54:21 PMI dig the funky guitar/bass backing and the production is very well polished. Vocals sit just right in the mix. Haylie, hope you don't mind me enjoying the adult language - I got a kick out of how very clearly you enunciate "bullshit"! :)

Yeah I enjoyed it too (there was definately a hint of aggression!) :D

"what's the matter, you got fed up listening to Justin Beiber and One Direction - sorry, I can't hear you!"
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça