"Postcards" - new original by Olaf Stando

Started by olafgoesraawr, May 03, 2013, 01:45:07 PM

olafgoesraawr

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

Hello everyone,

This is my new song called "Postcards", I wrote it yesterday, within half an hour or so, and I thought I might record it and see what a bunch of experts like you guys thinks!

It's a song about meeting someone new and then being away from them - hopefully it's not cheesy at all, because I tried to avoid going down such route :)

I know, the recording quality is very mediocre - I am set to buy myself a decent Shure microphone this week (at last!), so next songs will sound better!

I'll appreciate any feedback. And if you like it, please share it around.

https://www.ebutuoy.com/watch?v=2Mdu0yxRIFA

Thanks, and enjoy your weekend!

Acoustic/indie folk singer-songwriter, 17, London, UK.

Married to music.

Youtube - www.youtube.com/olafgoesraawr
Twitter - @olafstando
Facebook - Olaf Stando
Email - olafgoesraawr@gmail.com

Hook

Interesting tune, I like your chorus (compass lines) alot. For the money you'll shell out for that mic you could probably get a used mbr (w/built in mic), you would probably get alot more out of that than just a mic.
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

olafgoesraawr

Thanks very much, it means a lot!
The whole thing only took me about 30 minutes overall, so I'll gradually improve and polish it when I play more and more.

I'm getting a used (but in a great condition) Shure SM58 for £45, so that's not bad, is it?

Which MBR would you recommend though? :)

Married to music.

Twitter - @olafstando
Facebook - Olaf Stando

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Jarle

Nice song Olaf. I agree with the others, getting a BR recorder is a great idea. You will be able to record your nice songs with good sound.

JOA
recorder
Boss BR-800

olafgoesraawr

Thanks for the feedback everyone!
I've heard that BOSS is indeed boss when it comes to audio recording, so I'll definitely considering getting one soon.

Married to music.

Twitter - @olafstando
Facebook - Olaf Stando

chunk

The guitar reminds me of the sound of Bon Iver. Which is a good thing in my book. Keep up the good work. I've never used the SM 58 but I've used the SM57 and it's great for vocal and guitar.

Lounging McCoy

Good stuff.  I liked the song and I didn't think the recording was too bad at all.

Farrell Jackson

A very decent song and performance Olaf!

An SM58 is great all around dynamic mic for recording and live work. The advice about getting a used MBR is good advice. Especially since it has the built in condenser mic. Condenser mics, in general, are more sensitive than dynamic mics and better suited for vocals but they require phantom power. The MBR has all that included onboard plus many more goodies for recording and mixing. The guys here (not me, lol) can answer any questions you have about the Boss recorders. They know how to use theirs for the maximum benefit.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?