OPEN UP (ode to Dr. Seuss)

Started by Nelson, May 03, 2013, 01:43:06 AM

Nelson

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

Well, it was time to redo the vocals so why not pay homage to my hero... "Dr. Seuss".
I always loved his style. What a real cool cat he was.

If you sit back and close your eyes you may see an animated me dancing and singing through the clouds, which are the shapes of rolling hills. I'm just saying... it's possible, eh?

As for the structure, Its 3 loooong verses with similar endings, separated by music breaks. The first and last, being the same, with the middle one, varied a bit.

I know I can split the verses and make a chorus of the ends but I don't want to  :D  and you can't make me.  ;D ;D

I have a strange idea for an inexpensive but creative video, which includes folks I know from around the globe.

I'm thinking of calling the group, "Friends of MisterNelson."
Friends of MIsterNelson, are real fans of my work, wanting to take part in its creative promotions, such as, this video idea and more to come.

The idea is for folks to make a video clip of themselves opening a door (any door) to their loved one and embracing. That's simple enough, eh? The idea is not to play to the stories in the verses but to the idea of "Opening the door of your heart, to LOVE". The montage will play during the music breaks.
What cha think?

Well....... It's 3 in the morning...... and I can't sleep

Open Up
music and lyrics by MisterNelson
[reverbnation]17171678[/reverbnation]
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Hilary

Loved it, you don't need a chorus - songs have a life of their own. I especially liked the musical breaks. I didn't get to bed until 2am, but I sat up drinking coffee and watching trashy TV - can't help but think I'm underachieving ;)
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

henwrench

Quote from: Nelson on May 03, 2013, 01:43:06 AMThe idea is for folks to make a video clip of themselves opening a door (any door) to their loved one and embracing.

Fucking genius. Count me in.

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

wot the hen said. i've said it before but i'll say it again... i just love your voice......
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Hook

Love it brother! Your vocals and voice always draw me in but I found myself very excited about your instrumental breaks, love that guitar!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

thetworegs

Another thing of Beauty Nelson...count me in too...when do you want the video clip for?....as soon as?

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

chunk

Nice one Nelson. Great vocal. It's like Dylan finally found the ability to sing.

Jarle

Another beautiful song. Your voice is something special. I love it.

JOA
recorder
Boss BR-800

Redler

I'm listening this third times in a row...love it! Awesome music as usual!

Count me in, too...

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Rata-tat-tat

Oh hell yeah... count me in!!! I don't know If I can get the other half you cooporate... but I'll try... Excellent tune and an even better idea. AWESOME!!!!
recorder
Tascam DP-02