Sometimes someone a Jarle original

Started by Jarle, May 02, 2013, 02:17:43 PM

Tangled Wires

Loving that relentless percussion and bass groove.

Uptempo songs without choruses always have a flowing feel and energy to them, and this is the case here and it does need a few listens to really appreciate the way this is finely crafted.

The vocal melody provides a really nice counter balance against the "busy" sounding music, and your voice sits perfectly in the mix.

All in all a fantastic unique sounding song.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Nelson

Stellar arrangement with a killer groove to it.
That bass is sweet and I'm diggin the percussion.

Your vocals remind me of Morrison.
Actually the song has a Doors quality to it.

Nicely Done
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

DeificDave

Very nice indeed, I always enjoy listening to your music. Nice guitar work and a cool groove.
"The universe is a million billion light-years wide, and every inch of it would kill you if you went there. This is the position of the universe with regards to human life." ― Martin Amis

http://www.youtube.com/user/deificd/videos

Jarle

Thank you for all your kind comments.
The difference between the upbeat music and the flowing vocal was an attempt at underlining the melancholic side of the lyrics and letting the positivity be emphasised. Maybe it was a bit to much, but it's really fun playing percussion on the V-Drums. ;D ;D

JOA
recorder
Boss BR-800

Burtog

This is good, tests the ears, you really have to listen to whats happening. Sounds a bit like the Beatles mixed with Frank Black or the Pixies.

Top stuff Jarle!!

8)
recorder
Boss BR-800

Lounging McCoy

I like it.  It has a really good flow to it.

kenny mac

Jarle,it's nice to hear you rattle out an uptempo song,you really have that groove going on.
All instruments sound great ,well done.

Rata-tat-tat

That's quite the tricky beat you hammer'd out Jarle. I like it .... A Lot!!! Awesome
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Kenny B

This is excellent!!!  Such a cool style and sound on this!!! 

Dig the rhythm and your unique style ... WOW!!!

kb
recorder
Zoom MRS-1266
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

yeah yeah ... It's all good .... :)

glad you've got your br back. This is great brother. You sure have mastered both your br and your v-drums.

we need a weekend soon!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........