Started by Nelson, April 27, 2013, 06:24:35 PM

bruno

Great song Nelson, stand out vocals.
Excellent.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

kenny mac

Wow ,great song,great lyrics,,,,love the lyric "Why take sand to the beach and there's plenty of fish in the sea"great tune,great performance.

SwanSong

Wonderful music my freind.....very soothing and melodic
nice background song for a film scenario congrats NEIL

Nelson

Neil,  Bruno, Dasilvasings, Kenny

Thank guys for stopping by and for the kind comments.

recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Hilary

Quote from: Nelson on April 29, 2013, 03:18:57 PMI'm not a strong singer and my vocal range is limited so have to write and phase to my strengths, or at least not to accentuate the weakness in my vocal range. 

you have a voice like melted chocolate, don't change a thing!
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

SteveB

That's beautiful. Voice/Piano/Cello...can't beat it. Well done.  8)
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

henwrench

The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Hilary

Quote from: Nelson on April 27, 2013, 06:24:35 PMI have a big a-- gap in the middle of my teeth and I find myself doing thing to suppress that dreaded shssssss sound and often I muddle up my other words.

Meant to comment on this earlier but didn't have the chance - there are things you can do when you sing to minimise this somewhat, to do with voiced and unvoiced consonants

eg if an s is at the end of a word say a z instead of an s (the brain hears what it's supposed to hear) is softens it up
or hang on to the vowel sound and put the s/z at the beginning of the next word

if it's at the beginning of a word you can still use a z but get to the vowel as quickly as possible

- this technique can be used to soften t with a d - etc too, there's a table somewhere, if anyone is interested I'll dig it out

It helps a lot with live performances. I've got a gap in my teeth too (I've now chipped a tooth which makes it even worse till I can get to the dentist) - celebrate the unique :D

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Nelson

Quote from: Hilary on May 02, 2013, 06:04:09 PM
Quote from: Nelson on April 27, 2013, 06:24:35 PMI have a big a-- gap in the middle of my teeth and I find myself doing thing to suppress that dreaded shssssss sound and often I muddle up my other words.

Meant to comment on this earlier but didn't have the chance - there are things you can do when you sing to minimise this somewhat, to do with voiced and unvoiced consonants

eg if an s is at the end of a word say a z instead of an s (the brain hears what it's supposed to hear) is softens it up
or hang on to the vowel sound and put the s/z at the beginning of the next word

if it's at the beginning of a word you can still use a z but get to the vowel as quickly as possible

- this technique can be used to soften t with a d - etc too, there's a table somewhere, if anyone is interested I'll dig it out

It helps a lot with live performances. I've got a gap in my teeth too (I've now chipped a tooth which makes it even worse till I can get to the dentist) - celebrate the unique :D

Hey good stuff, Haylie.

THx
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Geir

Yep this is the goods. Really a beautiful song.
Quote from: T.C. Elliott on April 27, 2013, 08:40:58 PMThe piano sounds good except on notes that should be held just a bit longer. The release on that piano sound is just a hair too quick for my taste.
That was what I thought first too, but then I changed my mind :) I think it adds to the drama the way you play it.

I'm a fan.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........