FALLING (4 piano and cello)

Started by Nelson, April 27, 2013, 06:24:35 PM

Nelson

Quote from: T.C. Elliott on April 27, 2013, 08:40:58 PMI really liked your vocals on this one. Something about the phrasing and the general tone of your voice. The piano sounds good except on notes that should be held just a bit longer. The release on that piano sound is just a hair too quick for my taste. But that's a really minor thing, really and I probably shouldn't have mentioned it.

Hey T. C.
Appreciate your input. A lot of folks don't get the phasing thing. Yes, it helps with styling but I'm thinking of phasing as I write and I think of breathing when considering phasing. I'm not a strong singer and my vocal range is limited so have to write and phase to my strengths, or at least not to accentuate the weakness in my vocal range. 

Good point on the release of the notes. I'm just excited to find the right notes but do have to start considering sustains and release points.

Are you still writing a lot? I recall you doing a song a week, a while back.
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Nelson

Quote from: thetworegs on April 28, 2013, 08:48:22 AMJust listened to this on facebook love it great playing and what a vocal love it...Bravo

A very special thanks to the two Regs 

Preciate U sit'n a spell.  :D
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Nelson

Quote from: cuthbert on April 28, 2013, 11:04:55 AMYour vocal sounds clear as a bell, Nelson, and your piano stands well as it is - looking forward to your next arrangement!

Hey Cuthbert

Thanks for stopping by and lending an ear.

Not sure if I left a comment on it but your take on "It's Cold Out Side" is just smokin.

Old school sexy.

recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Nelson

Quote from: djbride on April 28, 2013, 11:53:56 AMI think the vocals came out great
The song works well with just piano, cello and voice it
helps the words stand out more.
Nice work.

Hello DJ
It's a pleasure to meet cha.
Thanks for taking a listen and the comment.

You are one talented fellow and look forward to hearing more of your work.
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Nelson

Quote from: Hook on April 28, 2013, 05:42:57 PMI love to see a new Nelson tune and this one is great.Wonderfully soulful vocal, both captivating and moving!
Rock On!

Hey Thank You Mon   :r2

The appreciation is mutual.
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Nelson

Quote from: Rata-tat-tat on April 28, 2013, 07:44:32 PMWell Nelson... I commend you... I have a slight problem with SSssshhhh's also... But hey I think it's one of the things that makes you who you are vocally!!! Especially that inviting vocal you have goin on!!! This is another great tune you've turned out buddy!!! Absolutely "LOVE IT"... Tod

Well I guess that's a positive way to look at it.  ;D

Thanks for the supportive comments Tod.
I am still busting my ass trying to write that one special......
oh, what the hell........ aren't we all?
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Nelson

Quote from: LESTG on April 28, 2013, 09:27:12 PMWhat an awesome awesome awesome song! Your vocals are soooo good! Love it!

Hey Man  :r2

If you're diggin it......then I'm on  9{}
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Nelson

Quote from: Redler on April 29, 2013, 09:17:04 AMVocals and piano are just fantastic here! Cello takes this to heaven! Excellent job, Nelson!

Kari

Hey Rock Star!!!!!!!!  8)  How are U?

Thank you much for taking a listen.

It is, as always, greatly appreciated.
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Nelson

Quote from: Tangled Wires on April 29, 2013, 01:41:47 PMA beautifully simple song Nelson, the parts where the Cello is playing over the single piano chords notes is heavenly and there are some wonderful more intricate piano sections within the song too.

To me your vocal works best against the piano backdrop, and combining this with the Cello just seems to take it to an even higher level (I am assuming it is Thumbjam Cello?)

Yet another fantastically written and performed song to add to your already impressive back catologue.

It's always great to her from you, Andrew.
I've been wanting to simple piano and string arrangement, for some time now but I wanted the pairing to have a truly organic feel, in which the instruments and the lyrics organically meld together...... if that makes any sense.

Just a single instrument accompaniment is fine by me. Simplicity is the key.

I think I laid the cello track down with keyboard before I got Thumbjams.
I'm thinking of redoing it  with Thumbjams.

Thanks for stopping by buddy.

I may throw something your way, to play around with, when you have some free time.
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

dasilvasings

Your music is always a pleasure to listen!
recorder
Boss Micro BR