FALLING (4 piano and cello)

Started by Nelson, April 27, 2013, 06:24:35 PM

Nelson

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

The piano part beneath the verse is basically just playing the chord progression with the cello playing a bit of a melody. I like the drama of the piano simply playing the progression but not sure if it gets old before the verse ends.
I'm listening to it now and it seems if I removed the cello and transcribed its part for the piano, it could simply be a piano piece.

Until someone spanks my hand, no lyrics for now, to test the clarity of my enunciation.
I have a big a-- gap in the middle of my teeth and I find myself doing thing to suppress that dreaded shssssss sound and often I muddle up my other words.

I'm working on a new piano arrangement, which means cello may have to be tweaked,a bit.

Falling (4 piano and cello)
by MisterNelson
[reverbnation]17141123[/reverbnation]

recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

T.C. Elliott

I really liked your vocals on this one. Something about the phrasing and the general tone of your voice. The piano sounds good except on notes that should be held just a bit longer. The release on that piano sound is just a hair too quick for my taste. But that's a really minor thing, really and I probably shouldn't have mentioned it.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

thetworegs

Just listened to this on facebook love it great playing and what a vocal love it...Bravo

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

cuthbert

Your vocal sounds clear as a bell, Nelson, and your piano stands well as it is - looking forward to your next arrangement!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

djbride

I think the vocals came out great
The song works well with just piano, cello and voice it
helps the words stand out more.
Nice work.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=1049425

"Rock is dead they say, Long Live Rock, be it dead or alive"    P. Townsend

Hook

I love to see a new Nelson tune and this one is great.Wonderfully soulful vocal, both captivating and moving!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Rata-tat-tat

Well Nelson... I commend you... I have a slight problem with SSssshhhh's also... But hey I think it's one of the things that makes you who you are vocally!!! Especially that inviting vocal you have goin on!!! This is another great tune you've turned out buddy!!! Absolutely "LOVE IT"... Tod
recorder
Tascam DP-02

galestermusic

What an awesome awesome awesome song! Your vocals are soooo good! Love it!

Redler

Vocals and piano are just fantastic here! Cello takes this to heaven! Excellent job, Nelson!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Tangled Wires

A beautifully simple song Nelson, the parts where the Cello is playing over the single piano chords notes is heavenly and there are some wonderful more intricate piano sections within the song too.

To me your vocal works best against the piano backdrop, and combining this with the Cello just seems to take it to an even higher level (I am assuming it is Thumbjam Cello?)

Yet another fantastically written and performed song to add to your already impressive back catologue.

recorder
Boss Micro BR