Turning Circles - Demo

Started by Daniel Storey, April 27, 2013, 03:29:44 PM

dobrodaddy

I like your song a lot Daniel.  Really like the tempo changes.   You've got a wonderful vox and some real sweet gtr playing. 

"arranging the order"?  Do you mean the sequence of musical sections within a song or the sequence of instruments you plan to record?  Or do you mean something else entirely?  Regardless, I'd say 'yes', that can take me quite a while to sort out.  But I don't see it as a 'problem' unless I'm under a deadline and I try to keep deadlines out of the musical side of my life.  Some songs take longer to reveal themselves.  DD

Thanks for listening!

recorder
Zoom H2

chunk

Excellent song Daniel. Great vocal.

Rata-tat-tat

Hey Daniel... thought I'd comment on your question... Dobro brought up a good point. Either can be very time consuming... When I'm doing KAOSS work I try to let the music dictate how the song will flow... I can often get stuck on sections of a song for days before I finally get a product I'm happy with or I just plain get frustrated and move on... Sometimes I will record-rerecord-rerecord until my wife slaps me over the head with a pan because I'm taking too long. This can also happen with my original regular song tracks... It is very different for me writing originals... I'm never totally happy with anything I do...I try to shoot for a standard and try to meet that standard. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I also find myself listening to the entire track from the start just so I don't lose the feel of the entire track... this takes a lot of time. I try not to make my sections repeat themselves as much as possible something as small as a change in the rhythm guitar can change the whole dynamic of the tune... which can either benefit or ruin the track... I guess what I'm getting at... is... I haven't found a real solution other than trust your ear... you have a good one. Stick with a format that suits you... You are doing an album... correct??? If you have to meet a deadline... I think it's best to stick with a formula that works for you otherwise you can spend a lot of time chasing sounds.... Hope this helps Daniel... Your a great musician. I expect you would be a blessing for any engineer to work with... Also try to put a little trust in your studio engineer... sometimes they can hear things that your oblivious to. Lastly let us know when the album is complete would love to hear it!!!
recorder
Tascam DP-02

SwanSong

HI Daniel great sound and wonderful mix
very original music and brillantly done . good
vocals and simly BRAVO ..CHEERS NEIL .!

Nelson

Utter brilliance Daniel.

Much respect my friend.

Stellar vocals, sick bass runs and the guitar work is just stunning.
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Daniel Storey

Quote from: Rata-tat-tat on April 29, 2013, 11:58:37 AMHey Daniel... thought I'd comment on your question... Dobro brought up a good point. Either can be very time consuming... When I'm doing KAOSS work I try to let the music dictate how the song will flow... I can often get stuck on sections of a song for days before I finally get a product I'm happy with or I just plain get frustrated and move on... Sometimes I will record-rerecord-rerecord until my wife slaps me over the head with a pan because I'm taking too long. This can also happen with my original regular song tracks... It is very different for me writing originals... I'm never totally happy with anything I do...I try to shoot for a standard and try to meet that standard. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I also find myself listening to the entire track from the start just so I don't lose the feel of the entire track... this takes a lot of time. I try not to make my sections repeat themselves as much as possible something as small as a change in the rhythm guitar can change the whole dynamic of the tune... which can either benefit or ruin the track... I guess what I'm getting at... is... I haven't found a real solution other than trust your ear... you have a good one. Stick with a format that suits you... You are doing an album... correct??? If you have to meet a deadline... I think it's best to stick with a formula that works for you otherwise you can spend a lot of time chasing sounds.... Hope this helps Daniel... Your a great musician. I expect you would be a blessing for any engineer to work with... Also try to put a little trust in your studio engineer... sometimes they can hear things that your oblivious to. Lastly let us know when the album is complete would love to hear it!!!

Hey man, thanks for spending so much time on the reply... I'm hearing you all the way... As for deadlines... I feel I am still always improving with my singing, and I have a few more songs to demo fashion... then its a case of getting a drummer to learn what we are hearing, then i will record the album... no rush, just want everything to be ready and in place, cos i can't afford to mess it up and waste any cash :/ I estimate it will be recorded autumn and become a product by christmas... I have all the songs, so if i write anything else better in the mean time, that'll be a bonus... The important thing is that I learn my way around all of the guitar riffs, the vocals and harmonies, the bass... and that i get transcripted what i want others to be doing :D I wanna hit that studio and be out in no time after nailing everything first take... Paul Weller syndrome or what!?? lmao

Peace songcrafters, much appreciate all of your input, muchios gracios
recorder
Boss BR-80

You can find me on facebook if you like my sounds = Danielstoreymusic

"There is a tale to be told about the outside world."