Turning Circles - Demo

Started by Daniel Storey, April 27, 2013, 03:29:44 PM

Daniel Storey

turning circles mix 3
Time:
0:00
Volume:
A live rec consisting of acoustic and vox played together, added the rest to it, didnt go near a click track... only have head phones to mix, I think its ok? what d'ya think? all done on Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-80

You can find me on facebook if you like my sounds = Danielstoreymusic

"There is a tale to be told about the outside world."

Daniel Storey

Lyrics:

Woke to the sound of blackbird morning song
Scatter the sound of all the words that I get wrong
All the answers I'll never find
When running low on chances

Up to the car park light another cigarette
Ignite the fuel we fight the fires of discontent
I couldn't tell you the way I feel
I'm turning circles

Oh uh oh oh

Sleep to the sound of echoes ringing in your head
Imagineering all the words we never found
When you were there not two feet away
I'm left speechless, grounded
What can I say?

I want to break this silence more than you'll ever know
But I'm afraid to lose a friend
I don't want you to go

Walk to the sound of blackbird
Morning sun splashed the ground
Left a shadow on the run
Let all the people listen in
I'm turning circles

I will never build those barriers
recorder
Boss BR-80

Rata-tat-tat

Another great one Daniel... this is really mixed well... Love the panned guitars... Very huge sound!!! Sounds great with cans!!!
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Lounging McCoy

It sounds good.  Good song and good singing as well.

T.C. Elliott

You've got a good sound to the vocals. This is pretty loud for a live recording (with additions.) You've done a good job on the recording and the performance. What did you record and mix this with? I like the song as well as the recording.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Hilary

Top job Daniel - you really know your way around that little silver box now. Nice one!
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Jarle

This sounds good and I like the song.

JOA
recorder
Boss BR-800

Farrell Jackson

Daniel, I can hear the variations in the tempo but overall and knowing that you recorded it without a click track.... well done! A good song as well and I like the lyric. The guitar additions and the tambourine are great ear candy. Nice one!

Farrell   
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Daniel Storey

Hey thanks folks, that's a lot of positive responses in a short period of time... dig it!...

In answere to a few questions, points of interest etc...

It was all recorded on a Boss Micro BR-80... For the sole purpose of roughly arranging some bits ready for the studio, also its gonna be handy to let the producer listen to a few of these to get an idea of the sound he is gonna be dealing with... preperation i think it's known as :P

The acoustic and vocals were done together, as a base, i removed all of the cosm effects and just recorded it in MTT mode... tracks one and 2 stereo jobby... didnt compress the vocals at all, just added some reverb and moved the entire R hand channel 0.01 seconds late

Tempo changes  ??? - I hear ya... The trouble is, getting the acceleration right and spread over the right number of bars... the two parts simply do not work at the same tempo, it sounds so lifeless... i did have a ganders at using a click... 76BPM in to 88BPM was what i figured roughly... guess that could be done mechanically, with some basic math and some serious concentration!!! But for now this will do...

I am also dropping some of the fiddly stuff on the guitars in the first verses, gonna lock it into the bass (which i done last - good idea?) a tad more, it's somewhat cluttered... although my terrible tambourine and shaker skills are mostly to blame... these are improving steadily though :P

The coda on the end might well go on for quite a bit longer as well, and i really lazed out by not moving them delay vox about left and right... stuff can be so time consuming...

Now doing another one, I have all day, but arranging the order is what takes me forever... like sometimes months... anyone else have this problem?
recorder
Boss BR-80

Hi Daniel, great song and accompaniment. I certainly couldn't have done it without a click track or metronome. Well done...........Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800