Please Try Again!

Started by bruno, April 27, 2013, 11:40:00 AM

bruno

PleaseTryAgain2
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Playing with the shruthi and some soft synths. Can get some really nice low and deep bass sounds - all done on GarageBand for once :-)

B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

T.C. Elliott

That's a cool ass bass line on the synth, there. And the almost alien like atmospheric sounds come through all natural sounding instead of effect sounding. Pretty good job putting this one together.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

bruno

Thanks TC - this one was annoying me. Garageband tries to be too clever, and normalises everything, so remixed and sorted out the volume thing, and made the drum loops slightly more interesting!
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Hook

Sweet sinister sounds you got going on there brother, love it!
Synth On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Hi Bruno, great lower end sound. I know what you mean about Garageband normalizing, it will almost make the overall sound too flat if you let it. Top notch............Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

thetworegs

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

henwrench

Squelchy goodness!! Always a winner with me....

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Nelson

Plenty going on and nicely mixed.
Didn't feel cluttered, just felt groovy, Man.  :r2
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

chunk

Have you tried layering on some more beats and  percussion. Sometimes it can give it more dynamics. Also maybe add some automated filter effects to to the the bassline. Some lovely synth sound here.

bruno

Thank's all.
This started as a 'lets play with the technology' - and some interesting learns.

Chunk - know what you mean about the beats, I some time use two separate beats together for interest - however started with 103 bpm loops and boxed myself in the corner. Plus struggled with midi chaining (couldn't get the midi clock to sync, GarageBand is crap at midi and was getting time drift on the sequencer - so ended up recording and created a loop from the Shruthi, so couldn't vary the filters in real time. Sucks - but is a learning.

Hook - I guess it does sound kinda eery, I'm kinda liking sound effects, I should do some sampling. Few family issues with my mum, so lost my studio for a bit, but need to get my backside in gear for some Clerewater Blues. NB flights all paid up yesterday and villa sorted, all getting real now so looking forward to our beer in Tampa  :-)

B

recorder
Boss BR-1600