Perfect man blues Mk 4 - inc solo (7thson, Hilary and Speed Demon)

Started by Hilary, April 21, 2013, 06:39:07 AM

Hilary

Quote from: 7thson on April 22, 2013, 04:45:25 AMWow, Very nice Haylie! 8)  I really enjoy hearing you open up those pipes and let belt out the blues.  That Mic really captures the quality of your voice very well.  Who ever advised you on mic set up led you in the right direction.

I agree with pulling a verse out to leave room for a solo.  Can you do that?  Maybe we can get a multi-person collab going if you do that and throw it on the collab thread.

Thanks for take my tune and giving it some lungs. ;D

I've taken some bars out now and reloaded the song for people to add to if they want - will take advice on where to put it from the boss (64guitars) but as it's already on 2 boards, I'd be inclined to leave it where it is. I've put a link to your original post here in case anyone else wants to sing it or add something else without the vox. Your backer is very lovely btw :)
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Gnasty

Great job on this Hayles. That`s a crazy good backer 7thson laid down and you wrote a cool tune with it.
Nice singing and playing.

Excellent collab
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Bobtail

Good backing track and I like the singing , you got the bluesy feel happening as well.
Your guitar playings good in your other songs Haylie,you should rip out your own guitar solo !  8)

Hilary

Quote from: Bobtail on April 26, 2013, 03:29:20 AMGood backing track and I like the singing , you got the bluesy feel happening as well.
Your guitar playings good in your other songs Haylie,you should rip out your own guitar solo !  8)

I love you!

I did a competition recently and there were lots of male singers/guitarists there. I did my comedy with my guitar. One of the said male competitors said to me (luckily after I'd performed) "Well let's face it, you're no Eric Clapton are you!" - he hurt my feelings!
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Lounging McCoy

Saucy, sultry, and soulful.  Very nice job.

T.C. Elliott

I noticed the guitars right off and, yeah, those vocals are killer.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Nelson

You got so much talent bottle up in you.
It's just a matter of time.
Every thing I hear from you just gets better and better.

Reminds me the scene in the movie "A League of their Own".

When the shy girl took to the stage on night and shocked everyone with a saucy little blues number.

Your voice sounds wonderful and the energy on the performance is perfect.

league
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Hilary

Thanks so much for your kind comments guys - I'm really enjoying trying different things vocally at the moment (I get bored so quickly!) - yes, I am quite shy personally but singing takes me to a different place (thankfully) and I become someone else altogether when I perform!

I'll put the link up to Soundcloud for the one with the full vocals if anyone wants to listen, without the huge gap for the guitar solo :)
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Speed Demon

Sweet!

I'll have a go at it, if you wish.

I'll do a remix of the vocal track also. Send it to me, WAV file style.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

launched

Just getting to this one, very nice!! No sweet tone about it - In your face and awesome! Love the direct warm vocals and that wicked guitar patch in the background.

And again, I've said it about ten times today - We have a winner!!!!!!! Badass vocals, Haylie!!!

Quote from: Lounging McCoy on April 27, 2013, 07:51:15 PMSaucy, sultry, and soulful.  Very nice job.

Yes, quite so. It rocks! Sweeeeeet Jesus ;D
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover