jemima's kite ladybird

Started by Oldrottenhead, February 17, 2009, 11:11:52 AM

Greeny

This was the last one on the album to be finished, so we're done with our first 12 tracks. The album's called 'It's Jemima's Kite', and here's the cover.

Also, lots of thanks to Pedro (for bringing us together), 64guitars for all his invaluable advice and support, Hooper for putting a shine on 'Man on Fire', and everyone else who has encouraged and supported and listened to our stuff. This forum has been seriously life-changing  :)

64Guitars

Great album cover, Tim. You have a talent for art as well as music.

Have you guys decided on any particular song sequence for the album? It would be great if you did a back cover for the album too, listing the titles, track times, credits, etc.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Greeny

Quote from: 64Guitars on February 26, 2009, 08:15:19 AMGreat album cover, Tim. You have a talent for art as well as music.

Have you guys decided on any particular song sequence for the album? It would be great if you did a back cover for the album too, listing the titles, track times, credits, etc.

Thanks!!!!  :)  

There are visuals clues to a lot of the songs on the cover.

Hmmm - track times... I knew I'd forgotten something!  :D

This is the back cover. There is also an inner cover with the full credits.

Pedro

Those are awesome album covers indeed.

64Guitars

Quote from: Greeny on February 26, 2009, 08:29:11 AMThis is the back cover.

Thanks!

Quote from: Greeny on February 26, 2009, 08:29:11 AMThere is also an inner cover with the full credits.

Where can I get the inner cover?

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Flash Harry

Quote from: 64Guitars on February 26, 2009, 11:38:59 AMWhere can I get the inner cover?

This is the future of music! A real DIY album. Bits in a data stream. What ever happend to cross interleaved solomon grey coding eh?

You have to even do that for yourself these days! An airfix kit for every boy and girl!

Now make sure you get the printing right!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Tim's artwork is pretty bloody good.

Just for the record, I feel honoured to have been involved with this project, Tim and James are two of the most talented musicians I have had the pleasure of knowing. It just pours out of them effortlessly. I struggled to keep up at times.

Thanks James and Tim for the music. Thanks to Hooper for inspirational production, thanks to the guys and gals on here who have been encouraging and supportive and thanks to Pedro for giving us all the space to get together.

I personally needed this project to keep me sane.

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Ferryman

Quote from: oldrottenhead on February 25, 2009, 03:48:28 AMnew remix of ladybird with new bass part by mike. took bloody ages to find all the different parts to redo but i think it was worth it.

It is worth it. Good job chaps!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman

QuoteThis is the future of music! A real DIY album. Bits in a data stream.
Very true indeed. It's what we were all trying to do in '77 but the quality was crap and you still needed the whole apparatus of the music biz to get anything out.

QuoteYou have to even do that for yourself these days! An airfix kit for every boy and girl!
Ah, a man after my own heart - Airfix kits! Got to love 'em. I sill make them (or their expensive modern day equivalents, but the less said about tha the better....)

QuoteTim's artwork is pretty bloody good.

It's fantastic, realy well done. Helps create an image for the music. BTW, when can we get to meet jemima? She looks like a really nice chap from her pic the album cover  ;)

QuoteJust for the record, I feel honoured to have been involved with this project, Tim and James are two of the most talented musicians I have had the pleasure of knowing. It just pours out of them effortlessly. I struggled to keep up at times.

You should all realise from the feedback that most of us feel honoured to see this project take shape and mature. I feel really lucky that I happened to become more active on the forum as you guys were doing this, because it's really energised me and shown me what can be done. You've set a bar that I'm trying to reach, and I'm having great fun doing it! I guess it helps that what you are doing really appeals to my musical tastes, but nevertheless it's really inspiring. Well done again.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

dragonshade

KUDOS to you guys. You are real pioneers... a true virtual band, now with a completed album. Beyond belief. What are the future plans? I mean the artwork, the album... this is promoteable, saleable. Sending it out as a demo disc (even though it is more than that), or just keeping for your personal enjoyment (which seems hardly fair to the rest of the population  :P)??

Oldrottenhead

QuoteJust for the record, I feel honoured to have been involved with this project, Tim and James are two of the most talented musicians I have had the pleasure of knowing. It just pours out of them effortlessly. I struggled to keep up at times.
i wouldn't call myself a musician mike lmao. can come up with some words and on occasion hold a tune, but i think its all down to three like minded guys getting together and bouncing ideas off each other. re keeping up i struggled too, tim is the "man on fire".

cant wait to get started on the next batch of songs but hopefully at a more leisurely pace as i am knackered after the last intensive bought of creativity and my missus will by citing my mbr as the other woman in the divorce courts lol.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann