Main Menu

all grown up

Started by kenny mac, April 07, 2013, 03:55:21 PM

kenny mac

all grown up
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This song was a gut churner for me,Ive got round to finishing it finally.
The story is a true one and went as follows,,,,,,,,after years of doing the school run with my kids i.e taking them in the car etc it finally came to that day when one got to the age where she was wanting to travel by bus and of course I was horrified by this,"WHAT THE BUS BY YOURSELF?
As I stood there redundant as the driver I watched her disappear from view heading out herself proud that she was making her way to school on her own.
I walked up to the crib plugged in the keyboard and this came out.
It seemed everything that came from my hands that day was crying,the guitar at the end almost seems to be wailing out in tears.
The day my daughter realised she was all grown up.

galestermusic

Beautiful song! We that have kids have been or will be in the same spot. I still can't believe mine are 27 and 25. They do grow up fast. I had such a hard time letting go. Our guitars weep for us great capture Kenny!

kenny mac

DeificDave

Great job, one of your best solos I think!       
"The universe is a million billion light-years wide, and every inch of it would kill you if you went there. This is the position of the universe with regards to human life." ― Martin Amis

http://www.youtube.com/user/deificd/videos

thetworegs

A beauty of a song ....great solo......chin up the job has just changed that's all your no longer on the day shift you'll still be driving her but it's sure to be after midnight..... ;D

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Jarle

Nice song. Love the weeping guitar solo.

JOA
recorder
Boss BR-800

Oldrottenhead

a belter kenny, and thetworegs speaka de trooth.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Tangled Wires

Beautiful song, loved how the vocal delivery just glides effortlessly over that atmospheric backdrop.

The guitar outro was electrifying and perfectly played to capture the mood of the song

I got all this to come with mine :-\

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Kenny B

WOW!!!  What a great tune Kenny ... you really captured something special
with this.  I like the way it all falls in so perfectly ... an instant classic!!!

kb
recorder
Zoom MRS-1266
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

Yes sir, great song.  Fantastic keyboard layers here, sounds bloody good.  And that bridge, lifting ever higher.  And that great vocal, flipping really great vocal.  I am waiting for the guitar solo action .......anticipation...........so good................so good...............so good..........

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand