Rubato piece - 0jimihendrix0

Started by Bro, April 05, 2013, 08:53:58 AM

Bro

T12V2_01
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hey guys, it's been a while! I recognize some of the usernames on here which is nice.

Anyway, used to be active on this site. I don't get the chance to visit as often anymore but it's nice to see that there is a lot going on still. ( been busy studying and teaching lol  :D )

Here is a new (almost done) rubato piece I've written on guitar.. Haven't found the right title for it yet.

- Seems like that there are not a lot of people uploading this kind of music to the site.. Hope you guys will like it anyway. Let me know what you think.

Enjoy.
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

Bluesberry

Hi there buddy, really great to hear a new one from you.  This is really good.  There is probably a reason that not a lot of stuff like this is posted here, because it is hard as hell to play and make it sound so good like this............this is a most wonderful peice, very well played and composed.  I have been dabbling with stuff a little bit in this vein, nothing worthy of posting yet, but I love this kind of playing.  What is the meaning of "rubato", I have never heard that term before.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bro

Rubato means out of time. There is no steady pulse.. not for long at least. Thanks a lot for the compliments bluesberry. It sure has been a while :)
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

Bluesberry

So that's what it is called.....I guess I do rubato too, just didn't know the term for it.  Now then, time to record something rubato................

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Nelson

Malte
This is beautiful.

Though the piece is expressive and warm, your musicianship and recording abilities are on full blast.

Meget imponerende..

I personally would love to hear some more radically contrasting tempo's. I've never heard of this style before but I just love the idea. The possibilities creatively seems endless. It's like telling a story with emotional highs and lows and varying tempos. Brilliant.

When listening to this piece, as is, I see a video depicting an artist in the mist of his/her creative process.
Working on a painting... writing a song... Working on a piece sculpture... Glass blowing... painting a car... building a wooden desk... etc.
"ARTIST IN MOTION"

It has an airy feel to it. Not cluttered. It gives you room to take in the music and whatever other media may accompany it. (video, slides, dancing)

Alle bedste med det.

recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Diego Ayala

Malte, it has been a long time for me too - that is visiting songcrafters...  Excellent piece and will need to download and pipe it via my gazillion speaker system.  Trippy and it just takes me out there!  Thanks for messaging me about this rubato piece!!!

cuthbert

Nice contemplative piece, Malte! Very spontaneous sounding, and yet I'm sure a lot of preparation went into the making of it. And I do envy your guitar playing skills, young' un. :)
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Ted

On my second listen. Third listen coming up.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Flash Harry

Hey! Nice to see you back, there's been a journey since you were here last.

It's great to hear how you have progressed, there's a real maturity and depth to your playing which is really good to hear.

Keep coming back, it's always good to hear from you.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Gnasty

Excellent playing!!   Love the open string pull offs!! My kinda style. This sounds out of the blue to me in a lot of areas.

Great to hear you again!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity