There's A Cold Wind

Started by henwrench, April 01, 2013, 05:41:07 AM

henwrench

I've done it again, jumped the gun and all that...

henwrench

Time:
0:00
Volume:

The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

i am sure i have heard this one already. i must be losing the plot. but it is still braw tell yer maw.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

64Guitars

Great song. What did you change from the original post?

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

henwrench

Quote from: 64Guitars on April 01, 2013, 10:55:27 AMGreat song. What did you change from the original post?

It is a classic example of less is more. Instead of folky full strummed double tracked guitars, I re-recorded the guitars, opting for a more complex structure yet simpler performance, only tracking small sections. I also made more of the stereo field by having the verse and bridge vocals to the right, balanced with the main guitar over on the left. And the chorus vocals have (shock!) some reverb to help them jump out. I know I should live with a song a little longer before unleashing it, but my impatience wins every time....

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

Quote from: henwrench on April 02, 2013, 03:33:29 AMI know I should live with a song a little longer before unleashing it, but my impatience wins every time....

I know the feeling. On the other hand, I sometimes hold onto stuff for too long and lose interest in it. I don't feel like it's finished, but I don't have much interest in continuing to work on it. So it never gets finished.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Ted

It's good to know that you worry, revise, and second-guess yourself. Makes you seem more human, and less like someone who craps masterpieces before breakfast and moves on.

Love this. Catchy as hell, and lyrically accessible. I've missed you.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Hook

Great song, sounds fabulous, in fact it's one of the best mixes I have heard from you!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

andy casson

Great song, & it really is nice to hear that someone as talented as you has the same dilemas I have everytime I post something. I really am complete crap at holding off even for a few hours before posting a new song...like a kid with a new toy....must post..must post, and then deciding I hate the mix or could do the vox better etc after a few listens. Anyway, fab song and mix!

Andy   

Jarle

Great catchy song. It's stuck on my mind. :)

JOA

recorder
Boss BR-800

ODH

Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter