I know you've been here from the start
But that can't help me decide

No don't go breaking my heart
Don't go telling me lies
Let me go back to the start
I've got to clear my mind

© 2013 Everlin

64Guitars

Nice song and well-performed. What do you record with? The recording is clear but sounds a bit distant. You might want to try moving the mic closer to pick up more of the body of the guitar and the full frequency range of your voice.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Everlin

Thanks!  Yeah all I have to record with is Garage Band on my computer so I don't have a whole lot of options but I'm looking into getting a mic, etc. when I can.  If anyone has any advice on better software or how to acquire a relatively inexpensive recording set-up, please let me know! :)

bruno

Very nice performance - very nice vocals.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Flash Harry

Very good stuff!

A microphone would be a good start, there are so many to choose from.

You need to decide if you are going to get an external sound card for your computer or not.

If not there are USB condenser microphones which will give you an instant improvement and an instant headache - they solve one problem but create others like where to place them, how your room sounds etc..

If you are thinking of a separate sound card then there are again lots to choose from. Try eBay or something similar for a decent second hand unit. Look for microphone inputs with phantom power if you can, these mean that you can use condenser mics which produce better acoustic guitar and vocal recordings than the dynamic type of mic. You have a great voice and it would be worth capturing that well. I really like the Rode NT1A which is about $150 or so. You need phantom power with this mic so you would need an external sound card which had that to use the NT1A.

Build it up slowly, get the best you can afford at the time but try not to paint yourself into a corner. Bewildering I know.

Software wise there are any number of Digital Audio Workstations, one worth looking at is Reaper, it's inexpensive and well featured and runs on Mac or PC.

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

thetworegs

I use a Behringer c1 mic about £30 and found it works great recording vocal and guitar placed about halfway between mouth and acoustic guitar  then messing with the dial on the Tascam midi interface ( for guitar mic keyboard)at about £70 for the right setting. I found the mic or guitar plugged straight into the computer hat the levels were too low but after buying the interface i have better volume and am also more in control. I used to use GarageBand and found no problem with it but have since bought Logic pro which is kinda GarageBand but in more depth. I use a mac not pc but as you mentioned GarageBand I take it you Mac user too. hope this is of help. For hundred pounds you should beable to kit your self out  ;D

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Geir

Very nice song. What a beautiful voice.

Let's hear some more soon!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

launched

Quote from: Geir on July 09, 2013, 07:51:19 AMVery nice song. What a beautiful voice.

Let's hear some more soon!

I agree - You are focusing on what is important for the time being in my opinion. Great style and great songwriting!

Peace,

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Burtog

Thought I had commented on all your tracks but missed this one, as the others its so good.

Looking forward to recordings with a good mic but its still great just as it is!!
recorder
Boss BR-800

Hook

Love this tune Everlin, nice job!
Quote from: Everlin on March 25, 2013, 12:09:43 PMIf anyone has any advice on better software or how to acquire a relatively inexpensive recording set-up, please let me know! :)

find an MBR on ebay!!!!!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely