Daylight(new version by chunk,kenny B and kenny mac)

Started by kenny mac, March 24, 2013, 02:32:52 PM

kenny mac

daylight
Time:
0:00
Volume:
As usual chunk and kenny b came up with a great tune the origional post was https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=18024.msg223411#msg223411
I added a piano at the start ,electric guitar and some strings from start to finish.
The song had a great ambiance to it and it was more about adding textures to a great tune.
I virtually came up with the lyrics not long after 1st hearing it,but then the weekend came lol.
So I finished it tonight.
I used chunks vision of traffic and cars in the lyrics and its basically about a guy that is haunted by the terrible vision of a crime he has committed at night and the daylight brings him comfort as it fades into his dark dreary room.

kenny mac.

chunk

Another Job well done Kenny. The vocal and lyrics give it new life. PS. The bass is a sample I put through one of the brake effects on Guitar Rig.  Chunk.                                                                                                                                         

kenny mac

Cheers chunk ,you two guys made a cool track and it made it easy for me,I think all the atmospheric runs and riffs blend in nice,always a pleasure.

64Guitars

Nice collab, guys!

Quote from: chunk on March 25, 2013, 04:34:17 AMThe bass is a sample I put through one of the brake effects on Guitar Rig.

What's a brake effect?

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

chunk

I'm not quite sure what a brake effect is but it gave it a sort of stuttering effect

bruno

Nice collab gents. Nice eighties vibe, great vox.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Oldrottenhead

am losing it in my old age i was sure i commented on this one, braw tell yer maws.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Kenny B

Monsters go away!!! ...  DIG IT!!!

You guys turned this into an awesome tune.  Chunk, your rhythm and musicianship
really set the direction for this and those keyboard parts also set the mood.  And Kenny ...
your songwriting is among the best on this forum ... ohh yeah ... DIG those leads too!!!

Kenny B.
recorder
Zoom MRS-1266
recorder
Boss Micro BR

kenny mac

Thanks KENNY ,I appreciate those kind comments,cheers mate,here's to the next collab .