I'd Wish For You

Started by Lounging McCoy, March 18, 2013, 11:01:42 AM

Lounging McCoy

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

Here's one I just finished.  I haven't been doing much in the way of new recordings lately since I've been working on getting decent recordings.  I think I have about reached the limit of what I'm going to be able to do with the equipment I have.  I think it turned out pretty well.

This is a soft pop number from my fake band 'On The Trolley'.

I'd Wish For You
by On The Trolley (H. Owen)
(verse 1)
There's never been anyone
Who makes me feel like you do
One touch from you
Feels like all my dreams have come true
If I was out on the beach
And I found a genie in a bottle
I know what I would do
I'd wish for you

(verse 2)
Wait a minute, what are you sayin'?
You'd wish for the girl that already loves you?
That's right, no doubt about it
It's the only thing I could do
You're all I want you see
That's how much you mean to me
I know what I would do
I'd wish for you

[soundclick]12224778[/soundclick]

Nelson

Nice write.
Excellent musicianship and performance.
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Hilary

It turned out GREAT - loved all the ooohs and ahhs - really well recorded and produced IMO. I love that you've got a fake band too (I'm gonna get me one of those!). I think you'd be really good at musical comedy, I know from some of your other posts that you've got a good sense of humour. Just a thought . . . apologies if you've already given it a go.
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Redler

Brilliant! I like the clear tones and production! Agree with Haylie; harmonies are nice addition! Enjoyable listening!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Lounging McCoy

Thanks everyone.  I'm glad you enjoyed it.  You sure know how to make a guy feel good!

Well Haylie, I just write whatever the muse gives me.  I generally don't have much of a plan when I start a song.  I usually just have an idea and see what direction it goes.  A couple of my songs, 'Dangerously Lazy' and 'The Trampoline Song' turned out kind of goofy, though.

Sorry to have got to this so late, I'm playing catch-up at the moment. A very enjoyable listen...........Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800