Main Menu

Snow - maxit

Started by maxit, March 18, 2013, 04:03:29 AM

maxit

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

this one with my friend franco singing and playing guitar solo. I programmed the backtrack with Band in a box. snow (we're on time, since is getting colder here!!!)

[reverbnation]16624473[/reverbnation]

Snow

Oh I'm traveling on, I'm travelin, so far
Oh lord I'm a-traveling, so far, so far
Here, no one knows my name – no one knows my name oh no
So here, no one knows my shame oh lord, oh lord
I've been untrue to you , I've been untrue to you and to and to me, yes it is
Don't want no second face, don't wanna a second grace
I just want to disappear

See, see how hard it snows, see how hard it snows, down here
See, how they're falling down, down on me, oh lord
I've been untrue to you , I've been untrue to you and to and to me, yes it is
Don't want no second face, don't wanna a second grace
I just want to disappear
recorder
Audacity

Hook

Really nice song Maxit. I don't  think I understand band in a box. It says type in the progression and pick a style and it generates a track, do you have control over the picking patters or the violin fills, etc? Excellent listen!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

kenny mac

Nice song there,almost Celtic in some parts ,nice groove,well done.

maxit

thanks hook! yes you undestand it perfectly: just write down the chord prog, choose the instruments, choose each instrument style (i.e. guitar- rock, or guitar-country, or bass-jazz, etc...etc..) then enjoy. But no way you have control over patterns or fills, you have to take the way it is played as it is. You can re-generate one instrument track if you're unsatisfied, then you'll get another random disposition of the fills, and that's the maximum amount of control you're given.
recorder
Audacity

Nelson

Beautiful song Max.
Franco has lovely voice, to go along with lovely lyrics.

Impressive backer and solo guitar. Is that fiddle from BIAB?

Excellent
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

maxit

yes, here it is fiddle 'instruction' for BIAB Fiddle LOL - but the player, she's a REAL fine player.  

Fiddle, Background George Ev 085
Background ballad fiddle playing.  Works best with Country/Folk styles, but can also sound good with rock, pop, and jazz.

Fiddle player Wanda Vick grew up in Montevallo, Alabama where she started out playing dobro with a family trio, playing in local bluegrass bands and entering fiddle, banjo, guitar, mandolin and dobro contests. At one of these contests she met Buddy Spicher, who invited her to Nashville to play on a Buddy Spicher, Benny Martin album.

She played with the Nashville Superpickers before landing her first full time professional gig with Lynn Anderson in 1981. Wanda then went on to start the five piece all-female band Wild Rose, recording three studio albums with three charted singles and nominations for both Academy of Country Music and Grammy awards.

As well as Lynn Anderson, Wanda has toured with Porter Wagoner, Ronnie Milsap, and Wild Rose.  In the house band on TNN's "Music City Tonight" and then "Prime Time Country" she backed up nearly every artist in Country music, from Dolly Parton, to Loretta Lynn, to Shania Twain. This led to recording sessions with George Jones, Trisha Yearwood, Travis Tritt, Billy Ray Cyrus, Uncle Kracker, Micheal English, and Sandi Patti, to name a few.

To read an interview with Wanda Vick go to http://www.bronsonsmusic.com/wanda_vick.html.
recorder
Audacity

cuthbert

That's some very fine guitar playing and a great vocal, maxit & Franco. I've heard BIAB used by Alfredo in the past, and I've always been impressed by the types of backing gotten from it.

This would fit well in a 70s movie soundtrack. Well done, fellas!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Redler

Really beautiful Max and Franco! This sounds a classic to me!! The production and arrangement is close to perfection!! Franco has fantastic voice! Piepod stuff!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR