"Running" a Geir (wanking the moog) original

Started by Geir, March 11, 2013, 02:46:36 PM

Geir

Geir - Running
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I treated myself to the iMini moog a few days ago and got a camera connection kit for my iPad, which also includes the possibility for midi connection. As it happens I had a edirol-um-1x, that I traded for a mbr lesson with a friend, laying about. Well I did have some fun trying it out. I DO NOT expect anyone to listen all the way through, tho I kinda enjoyed listening to it after recording even tho it's far from what I've ever done before (or maybe just because of that :D )

Played on my Roland D10 synth connected to the iPad and iMini moog running. Recorded on the mbr80. Drums are also from the mbr80.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

bruno

I love Moogs - did you get the Animoog - that is one awesome piece of kit.
Sounds great - rather Don Airey like.
With a name like that, how could I not listen :-)
B.

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Oldrottenhead

i love moogs and i love wanking so couldn't resist either. braw.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

bruno

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Geir

Quote from: bruno on March 11, 2013, 02:59:01 PM
Quote from: oldrottenhead on March 11, 2013, 02:57:21 PMi love moogs and i love wanking so couldn't resist either. braw.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
ROTFL !!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Quote from: bruno on March 11, 2013, 02:52:40 PMI love Moogs - did you get the Animoog
No I got the iMini moog by Arturia:
http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/products/iMini/intro.html

Fabulous fun soft synth for the iPad !!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

dasilvasings

yuk! I never thought I could enjoy someone else's wanking! (yuk twice - this sounds even worse than I thought!)

Now seriously: great stuff! love those layers!
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

Great scott man..........I am one week away from pulling the trigger on a iPad.  I need details.  Maybe you could start a thread about recording with an iPad.  I have no idea what i am about to get into, but I love your energy here.  What connections, how to hook stuff up, how about using the iPad itself as the recording device (using GB for example).  I am full of questions and have a few more while listening to this most excellent wank..a..wank..a..whoo.  And yes, I listened all the way through.  I would love to hear of your experiences (and others on here) of using iPads in their workflow.  Good one Geir.  Those Apps are ridiculous, so many, and so damn cheap really.  ITs a whole new world opening up in front of me.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

64Guitars

Quote from: Geir on March 11, 2013, 02:46:36 PMI DO NOT expect anyone to listen all the way through

What? Only listen to part of a Geir post? Can't be done!

I enjoyed every second of it.

Quote from: Geir on March 11, 2013, 02:46:36 PMPlayed on my Roland D10 synth connected to the iPad and iMini moog running.

D10. That's an oldie. From the 80s, isn't it? Have you had it since then or did you buy it more recently?

If I understand it correctly, the camera connection kit just gives your iPad a USB port. Then you plug the UM-1X into the USB port and your keyboard's MIDI Out into the UM-1X. Is that right?

I've always wanted a Moog. One of these days I'm going to buy one. Of course, I've been saying that since the seventies when I rented a MicroMoog for a weekend, so it's hard to say if and when I'll ever get one. In the meantime, I've fiddled with Bristol, which emulates several Moogs, as well as other classic synths. Great fun.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Bluesberry

Quote from: 64Guitars on March 11, 2013, 06:28:50 PMIf I understand it correctly, the camera connection kit just gives your iPad a USB port. Then you plug the UM-1X into the USB port and your keyboard's MIDI Out into the UM-1X. Is that right
yes, this is the kind of detail I am wondering about.......

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Redler

recorder
Korg Sound on Sound