Main Menu

The Ghost

Started by The Gobi Desert Canoe Club, March 03, 2013, 02:41:45 PM

The Ghost
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hi all, as you might remember from my last post I felt the need to do something with a little more gravitas. Well, self mortality I think is fairly serious, inevitable but fairly serious. But enough of that, this fell together quite quickly and I got the Castrati Quartet involved and this happened. Hope you enjoy...............Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

flyon90

Liked the guitar work.  Vocals and lyrics fit the music perfectly.

steelguitar

Very cool.... Love the guitar sound and the vocals... the chœurs are very pretty
An intimist folk rock song...
Really beautyfull
Jean-Sébastien
recorder
Boss Micro BR

"I'm sitting on a comet / Slowing speed / I'm landing on your planet / On your land of weed" Daniel (de Sète)

https://www.facebook.com/TheMAUSS

64Guitars

Great song. I get a bit of a Roger Waters vibe, mixed with some Chris Isaak. I like the muted guitar, and the vocals are excellent. Is the Castrati Quartet you singing falsetto, or did you use the BR-900's Voice Transformer effect?

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Jarle

Lovely song. The Castrati Quartet was a nice touch.

JOA
recorder
Boss BR-800

Farrell Jackson

The haunting production fits the title "The Ghost" well. The palm mute technique on the backing guitar is a perfect sound for this Willie. Your classic rock lead guitar style is also executed quite well here. Your vocal delivery and words hit home with those of us at a certain age Willie. Well done friend!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

thetworegs

You've certainly bought a bit of gravitas to this one Willie great Lyrics and a ice bit of lead an all round good piece ...

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

cuthbert

One of your best, Willie - the smooth guitar and temp complement the lyrics well. The castrati vocals sound quite natural in your mix - hope it wasn't too painful! ;)
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Redler

Your voice fits so well to this laid back music track! Awesome guitar work, as well!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR