for something to change by oldrottenhead

Started by Oldrottenhead, February 22, 2013, 11:44:25 AM

Oldrottenhead

for something to change
Time:
0:00
Volume:
replacement electro acoustic http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Deluxe-Single-Cutaway-Electro-Acoustic-Guitar-Natural/C4R arrived yesterday, whilst i was at work   >:(

so tried to see what it was like to record and play today, but have a house full of women, (1 wife 2 daughters) and boy do they make a racket. was trying to get best blend between piezzo and mic pick up, but mic picked up every girly giggle and fart. however when i used electric guitar setting no22 st steel. made the girls sounds like bagpipes in the background. hope fully when house is quieter i will get a chance to see what guitar really sounds like.

for something to change
w/m
oldrottenhead
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

andy casson

Sounds superb Jim! And what a bargain, £99??? Does it play as nice as it sounds? Think I'd be in deep sh*t if I bought another guitar mind..

Andy

Oldrottenhead

in my eandeavours to by an electro acoustic , all the ones i liked where way beyond my austerity budget, but the build, feel and sound of this one  to my eyes and ears is better than some guitars i tried that where treble the price.

straight out of the box, all i have had to do is tune it. will most likely buy new strings for it, but once the girls go to sleep. am gonna have a fiddle about wi it.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

64Guitars

Was this just the piezo pickup or a blend of both? It's lacking "body" to my ears, which is typical of piezos. I would try blending in a bit more of the C-mic and maybe turn up the Bass control a bit. With a bit more experimentation, I'm sure you'll find a good setting for the controls.

Nice playing.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Oldrottenhead

as i said earlier it was a mix of both, but due to noisy women, had to record with a guitar effect turned on so is not a true representation of the sound of the guitar, for that we will have to wait for some quiet.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

when i blend mic and piezo i do get a fuller sound, but mic is very sensitive a pics up the least bit of noise, st steel disguised the noise but is a very tinny effect compressing out any bass
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Hook

Look at you going all real guitar on us. Sounds good brother, congrats on the ax!
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

danieldesete

Jim, you didn't need a new instrument for inspiration !
Great song,  keep them coming
daniel
hou hou ha ha

AndyR

Another goodie.

Looking forward to hearing further experiments with this beastie.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Jarle

I really like this.

I too are looking forward to hear what this new wonder can bring forth. When you get acquainted. ;D

JOA
recorder
Boss BR-800