La dernière fois (the last time)

Started by Hilary, February 19, 2013, 07:56:15 AM

Hilary

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

I got to thinking after a comment from Kari and Jarle about not writing in their first language so I thought I'd have a go with my schoolgirl French (what was I thinking it was 30 years ago and I was crap at it then!). It's very short (well what do you expect) and it's not the best recording I've ever done, live on internal mics - there's a hiss - but it's all the time I have so here it is - be gentle with me!

reloaded with the revised ending + creaks and finger clicks and interestingly a random ding bleed (technical term 64) from the metronome (thanks to husband's manflu - silver lining)

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Redler

I'm happy if I encouraged you to write a song in French!! It is a language that I can't speak at all! Thanks for the translation, now I know a few words!

Pretty beautiful little song! Your French sounds French to me :) . Nice! Haven't ever heard you playing piano! Fine job!!

Kari

ps. Suggestion for a future festival - songs written not on your first language :)
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Geir

Excellent! As another member who posts a lot in a language not learned at birth, I appreciate that the imperial members step out of their comfort zone too :D

Really a sweet song, and great pianowork as well !!! Well done Haylie!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

steelguitar

It's xcellent!!!

I love it, and it's the first time I listen to you playing piano, and I hope not the last time ;-)

C'est excellent! Tu pourras le dire à ta mère!   ;D

Jean-Sébastien
recorder
Boss Micro BR

"I'm sitting on a comet / Slowing speed / I'm landing on your planet / On your land of weed" Daniel (de Sète)

https://www.facebook.com/TheMAUSS

Hilary

Thanks guys - having tried it I can appreciate just how difficult it is  ???

eeek
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Hilary

Tiny grammatical error in the last line, pointed out by a very lovely Songcrafter - no time to redo at the moment so you'll just have to cringe for now - you have no idea how many times I laughed trying to get that line out in my Swindonian Franglais.
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Jarle

This really nice.
Guess it's ok for me to say I'm with Kari on this:  Your French sounds French to me. :)
Hope to hear more piano from you in the future.

JOA
recorder
Boss BR-800

Kenny B

This is excellent and well done!!!   Very nice song.

kb
recorder
Zoom MRS-1266
recorder
Boss Micro BR

ODH

Quote from: Hilary on February 19, 2013, 07:56:15 AMit's not the best recording I've ever done, live on internal mics - there's a hiss - but it's all the time I have so here it is - be gentle with me!

Au contraire, Haylie, I was thinking how good the recording is.  You could tell that it's a real piano, I really love the ambiance of it.  Nicely played too.

I love the idea of songs in an unfamiliar language - it would be French for me also, O-level grade B.  I think.

Nice
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter