Its Been Awhile (Hey There)

Started by Bluesberry, February 17, 2013, 07:02:20 AM

Greeny

Hey, Dave! What a sweet tuning - comes across very 'Nick Drake'. And the recorded tone is so lush and organic. Love it when you break loose into the solo. A gorgeous and thoughtful, gentle song. Wish I could pick like that, but I never will, lol.

So great to see you back recording and on these boards :-)

henwrench

Oh god, yeah. That guitar is simply beautiful.

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

Beauty! Love the alternate tuning and the fingerpicking. The BR-80 mics did a great job of capturing the guitar sound. Vocals sound great too.

I'm with Gnasty on alternate tunings. I'd only try it if I had some spare guitars that I could leave tuned a particular way. I can't be bothered retuning all the time. For me, a more practical option would be to get a VG-99 or GR-55. Then I could instantly switch between different tunings electronically without actually retuning my guitar. Have you ever tried that?

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Rata-tat-tat

Yes... this is some beautiful playing Dave. I definately love this style of finger picking. I wish I could play guitar like this. Maybe I would be able to make tunes that weren't so "Hard Rockish"... settle down a little and write something that suits my age!!! But then again I still dig Rockin out!!!
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Kenny B

Nice song BB ... great to see you're back ... sounds fantastic!!!

kb
recorder
Zoom MRS-1266
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Facemask93

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Flash Harry

Hey! Dave's back, and sounding fresh and on the top of his game!

Fab track mate, nice to see you around.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

alfstone

Quote from: 64Guitars on February 18, 2013, 12:53:45 PMFor me, a more practical option would be to get a VG-99 or GR-55. Then I could instantly switch between different tunings electronically without actually retuning my guitar. Have you ever tried that?

Hi 64

yes, I've tried it sometimes with my VG-99, but it's FUNDAMENTAL listening, when playing, with absolutlely *closed* headphones, elsewhere you'll listen both the open tuning AND the normal one, coming directly from your guitar strings...and it's a mess, impossible to play that way. Same problems with an acoustic Variax 600 guitar I had for some years: it had "inside" its computer several open tunings, but again, no way to play without closed headphones.

Apart from that, this is really a good song, Bluesberry! I too have actually a Seagull, and your has a great sound!

Alfredo

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

Nelson

That was a fine performance, BB.
Interesting tuning and cool picking, brother.
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600