My first ALL DAW and Hydrogen Piece, JAM :)

Started by galestermusic, February 16, 2013, 11:20:59 PM

galestermusic

DAW test
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Wow what an ordeal!

I had to remember a lifetime ago when I actually played drums. Remembering all the rudiment lessons.....WHEW!

I put down some stuff in hydrogen just so I could go through the functions and was able to put it into SONAR LE in WAV format.

Then I think I made 8 tracks including the mixdown.

I used all free VST's a lot I don't like, now I know why you pay :)

So this is a short JAM of everything DAW, I finalized it in Audacity. Will be studying this process closer. Hope levels are right :)

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

galestermusic

Thanks Jim, first time in all DAW recording. Wasn't worried too much about content quality, just sound quality and the process of creating it. After some research seriously thinking about ez drummer. Not getting the hang of hydrogen.

Rhythm editor is about the same I just don't understand using the fake br 900. My ADD is really affecting me lol 

Geir

Tho I really think the mastering effects on the BR's are awesome and makes the final mix so much easier, this is really good an all-DAW production.

Nice playing too ;)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

galestermusic

Geir I'm with you. I think BR800 is great stand alone. Me and DAW stand alone? Nah. May mix the too every now and then. So glad 64G showed me how to properly do things in Audacity.

Would love to learn how to us Rhythm Editor and make my own. But really looking at EZ Drummer

Nelson

That sounds sweet.

I know folks who use only VSTs / virtual instruments.
It all goes over my head.
I considered ez drummer awhile back but comparing the different programs, just about made my head explode.

recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

andy casson

very cool Greg, as a straight DAW )Sonar X1 Prod) user I appreciate your issues! Got a very old AKAI DPS16 sat on my desk I use once a year now. Great riif and nice solo's!

Andy