Why does it always have to be a mystery by oldrottenhead

Started by Oldrottenhead, February 15, 2013, 07:24:46 AM

Oldrottenhead

why does it always have to be a mystery
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Turned my micro br upside down and placed it on a coffee table and tapped out a rhythm.
Then added 4 separate guitar parts on the woollies strat copy.

Then added two stereo tracks from the kaossilator.

Then sang the wurds.

Then added the wee crappy lead bits.

why does it always have to be
a mystery
a mystery
you keep your cards close to your chest
so we can't see
so we can't see
why break the habits of a life time
specially when you're having so much fun
you like to start each day with a smile
just to get it over with
your shared existence is a trial
you disappear into the mist
why does it always have to be
a mystery
a mystery
Why does it always have to be a mystery
w/m
by
oldrottenhead
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

DeificDave

This is truly a fabulous vocal on this one, woollies guitar sounds great, the lead parts are very nice too! Most of my songs were recorded on a CBS Strat copy bought in the early 80's that I cut a hole in and added a Gibson double coil dirty fingers pick up to , it's the only pick up that still works on the guitar!
"The universe is a million billion light-years wide, and every inch of it would kill you if you went there. This is the position of the universe with regards to human life." ― Martin Amis

http://www.youtube.com/user/deificd/videos

hooper

Love the hand drums on the coffee table.   Turned your coffee table into a cajon!
Great use of the simple guitar parts and the kossilator.
A brilliant sketch.
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
These days I merely dabble at being old and wise.
But I swear, I used to absolutely excel at being young and stupid.

Gnasty

You know in listening i love the drums and the additions. 4octsine kaos right? lol

And the lyrics and song are good of course but your guitar playing sticks out for me and you do a good solo diddy here too. NICE!

Keep on playing!!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

AndyR

Ah, this is fabulous...

So, are you saying you played three minutes of rhythm first? Was there a song in your head at that moment?
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Oldrottenhead

there is always a song in ma head it's getting the buggers oot is the hard part.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Gnasty

Quote from: oldrottenhead on February 17, 2013, 09:38:08 AMthere is always a song in ma head it's getting the buggers oot is the hard part.

I have that same good problem
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Redler

Quote from: oldrottenhead on February 15, 2013, 07:24:46 AMTurned my micro br upside down and placed it on a coffee table and tapped out a rhythm.

That's creativity!! Sounds real cool!

Nice song and real great sounding guitars! Kaoss addition gives a fine flavor to this! Piepod stuff!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

chunk

How the hell do you find the time to write so many songs ? I struggle to come up with a tune once every three months. Incredible.

Oldrottenhead

Quote from: chunk on February 18, 2013, 03:24:28 AMHow the hell do you find the time to write so many songs ? I struggle to come up with a tune once every three months. Incredible.
;D ;D ;D. lots of coffee and owning a micro br. once you get comfortable with using your micro br chunk. i'm sure your work rate will increase. i have my micro br with me everywhere. and if i get an idea for something it is there and ready  to use in seconds.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann