'Space Dog' - Greeny Monday Original

Started by Greeny, February 11, 2013, 06:05:35 AM

Greeny

TIM GREEN_Space Dog_128
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Here's 'Space Dog'. Bit late for the Space Fest ha ha.

I started with a 'Kraftwerk' rhythm that comes from their offical 'Kling Klang' App (not huge options or variety, but fun all the same). Then I played two layers of Telecaster and added vocals and bass (played with a plectrum). There's some sawtooth-type synth work too via Thumbjam. All recorded on the MBR then various sonic effects and sfx added in Audacity. The fade out has a weird add-on which comprises TJ rhodes and pipe organ plus bass and guitar (thirdz patch).

All a bit odd. Probably.

Squidged to 160kbps.

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

henwrench

It never ceases to amaze me that no matter what 'palette' you decide on as a starting point, the results are always undeniably 'green'. Or should that be 'Green'. Hmmm, yea 'Green'. And that, ladies and germs, is the hall mark of quality.

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Farrell Jackson

Very cool Greeny! "K9 Cosmonaut" and "the moon looks like a great big ball you would fetch if you could" are great visual lines. The Tele on the right side has fabulous tone and excellent rhythmic compression.  The fade was cool in the way it gave me the image of the Space Dog floating aimlessly in space. Excellent song and production!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

ODH

Quote from: henwrench on February 11, 2013, 08:15:58 AMIt never ceases to amaze me that no matter what 'palette' you decide on as a starting point, the results are always undeniably 'green'.

I think a big part of that is your amazing bass work, which is sweet like chocolate.  I'm surprised big name artists aren't paying big bucks for Greeny bass-lines on their songs.

Love the end part of this one.  I mean I like the rest too, it's just that I love the ending.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Jarle

Really interesting song.
I get some Beatles vibe here I don't know why, but it's a good thing.

JOA
recorder
Boss BR-800

cuthbert

Glad I got to hear this one on time. :)

Love all the bleeps and bloops & radio bits, and of course it's got all the solid Greeny sounds we've come to expect on guitar & bass. And I'm a big fan of using the coda myself - yours sounds stunning and dramatic...a great ending!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

SE

Beatles tinged electronica with kinda proggy end, terrific stuff so well imagined.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Facemask93

What a great song , true talent , loved it

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Nelson

Man... your creativity never ceases to amaze me.
It's simply a true joy to push play.

So much going on and it's still clear... solid production, all the way.

recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600