Kayla Update - Illawarra Folk Festival

Started by BAG, February 08, 2013, 10:55:03 PM

BAG

Hi All,

I thought this a better part of the site to post TouTube updates of the girls and how they are progressing. Some of you have seen them from when Kayla was 8 years old. She is now 12 and recently performed at the Illawarra Folk Festival in NSW, Australia. She improves with every gig as is her little sister who is now 9. Here's a couple of songs from the last gig of the weekend. They have now decided on a gig name and will be going under the name "Sibling Rivalry"

Hope you like them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cD1_9Jc91zQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT9C2rSgOBA
Just a roadie again.....

Tangled Wires

Well that brought a big smile to my face.

Always enjoyed your videos over the years, and these are amazing performances by both girls. Kayla's vocals are way beyond her years and she is a very assured performer.

Great stuff!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

Quote from: Tangled Wires on February 09, 2013, 02:51:31 AMWell that brought a big smile to my face.

Always enjoyed your videos over the years, and these are amazing performances by both girls. Kayla's vocals are way beyond her years and she is a very assured performer.

Great stuff!

Ditto that !!!

I look forward to the day of their break-through, when I can say : "I've followed those girls right from the start" !!!

Please keep us updated
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Jarle

recorder
Boss BR-800

Facemask93

Excellent Bag , you should be proud of your girls

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

BAG

Thanks for having a look folks. We are very proud of them. Even though we are used to seeing what they are capable of, they can still surprise me and the wife.  You can see in the Dumb Things vid near the end Kayla turns to her sister. What she said was "go around the chorus again" and then asks the crowd to join in. Little Maddie does so without a mistake where as I probably would have stuffed   up.  Every gig they do gets more professional with Kayla interacting with the crowd more and more.......and me getting less and less stage time. Lucky I enjoy mixing sound and doing lighting...
Just a roadie again.....

Kody

Hope you like them?....hah! How could anyone not?! BAG,  SO good to see you're still around here posting stuff!!

Your daughters are amazing...nothing short of miracles...Words can not describe how amazing!

recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Rata-tat-tat

Just got around to this one BAG... this is awesome. They look so comfortable on the stage... presence is there... Yes... they have a bright future ahead and the name is very fitting.... LOVE IT!!!
recorder
Tascam DP-02

BAG

Thanks for the positive comments everyone..... also good to see you still around Kody. Hope you're still gigging around with that fantastic voice of yours. I still listen to that version of Dead or Alive that you laid down the vox for me......I'd still like to have more time to listen to people on this site and would like to have more time to record properly on the MicroBR, but life with kids gets in the way sometimes. Luckily for me that usually involves music of some kind. I'll keep posting when we do new stuff.

Cheers

Brett
Just a roadie again.....