Hinges - My new song :)

Started by galestermusic, February 05, 2013, 10:04:24 PM

galestermusic

Hinges
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I did a new song. I called it hinges. The way I named the song - I pressed play and closed my eyes and hinges was the first word to come to my head. lol

I mixed in the BR 800 and used audacity per the instructions (Thanks again 64G)

Well lets see how this went.

Disclaimer: I'm not real happy solo work on this. My fat stubby fingers and wanting to cooperate. Also, I'm worried about the low end on this. Please be ready :)

Hilary

I think it's fascinating to watch guitarists' hands when they play and could imagine yours flying over the frets when listening to this. Very lovely right from the off.
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

AndyR

Cool track.

Right...

Fat stubby fingers? What fat stubby fingers??! :D Sounds like you really know what you're doing - lovely feel and tone. And, with just a lead guitar, you've kept the listener's interest up for nearly four minutes - lots of guitarists really can't do that.

Low end? In what way are you worried? I'm listening on my PC speakers while I'm working at home, and they are real bad if someone overcooks the bass end of things - goes all flubby and boomy. Equally, if it's undercooked, I don't get any bass at all (cr@ppy bluddy speakers!). This track doesn't do that - sounds nice and balanced down there. What I can't judge properly on these speakers is the top end.

And great way to name an instrumental!!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Hook

Yes sir, sounds very good to my ears. Great playing, nice solo work. Has a bit of a Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers feel to it. Very cool!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

kenny mac

Cool track,very Santana ,love the tone of your guitar and the runs are great ,well done.

Geir

Very cool instrumental indeed. Great tone, and I wouldn't worry about the playing either :D

Well done !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

steelguitar

Love this instrumental...
As said kenny mac, a Santana feel in the guitar sounds and technique...
Well done!

Jean-Sébastien
recorder
Boss Micro BR

"I'm sitting on a comet / Slowing speed / I'm landing on your planet / On your land of weed" Daniel (de Sète)

https://www.facebook.com/TheMAUSS

Nelson

My Oh My
Blew my Flipping Mind.
Can't believe you played through the whole song.
Impressive improvisation through out.

Just the sweetest sound.

Hinges is the perfect title because the likeability of the song hinges on your ability to improve through the whole piece and you pull it off brilliantly.

recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

galestermusic

Thanks all. I realized I had my boost on hence the low end i was hearing. Nelson I couldn't believe I played through the whole song. I not a very good lyricist so I do the instrumentals and collab with others. I am messing with my other recordings now to see if I can remix the correct way. Thanks again.

Greg

Kenny B

Nice tune!!!  Excellent guitar(s) ... Dig your blues rock style!!!

kb
recorder
Zoom MRS-1266
recorder
Boss Micro BR