Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

just listened to it on my creative zen x-fi mp3  player and ferryman your bass sounds great like ron sez
Quotewow this came together nicely
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

indierik

I really like what you guys have done with this piece. ORH, with the exception of the beginning note, I absolutely love it!!! The first note seems a touch out of key, but, seriously, other than that.... I love it!!!! I love your pitch throughout the rest of the song. I love the lyrics; they are spot on to what I had in mind for the "feel" of the song...and very catchy to boot!!!

ferryman, I like the bass. after the first listen I wasn't crazy about the beginning, but I love the rest of it, especially the change (chorus part). what do you think?

I really have to go to bed. I'm sorry but I'm really tired.... I will give it another listen in a couple of day, as I'm swamped with work right now. These are just my first impressions so I hope I didn't offend anyone..

Thanks allot guys for taking an interest in my new song. I think it's coming along nicely.

Without music, life would be a mistake.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

indierik

I couldn't help it, but I took one more listen to it before i went to bed and I love it. I like the bass, yes even the beginning, i actually think I like it more than the chorus part. and I'm digging the vox James. I still am not crazy about the opening note, (what do you think?) but I absolutely love the rest of it!!!!!!

good night.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

indierik

I will re-master it with the drums louder. I wanted to fix the end anyways, I felt one of the guitar parts was a little to loud. I'll do this and repost it when i get time...probably on Monday.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Oldrottenhead

ive bin listening too and i love it, was a first go vocally but am working today, will have another go at it soon, if ferryman is doing another bass , i'll add a new vox after that.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Ferryman_1957

Morning guys, I've been listening to it again and I still love it. Indierik, you let me know what you prefer for the intro. I'd be happy to simplify it if you want, just with root notes of D and G at the octave position. I think I had an Altered Images moment  :)

I think it would really benefit from having the drums higher in the mix, becuase they get lost when everything's letting rip in the chorus. So if Indierik redoes the guitars and drums, why not send it to me and I'll add bass and then ORH can do the vox.

Would backing vox be a good idea?

What's the form here? Shall we exchange stuff via email and then post the finished track here rather than keep clogging up this thread? I'm off on a longish business trip next Friday, so I'd need to get to this by Wednesday at the latest (no pressure Indierik...).

Cheers,

Nigel

indierik

I agree the more I listen to it the more I like it. I'll repost the new version with the drums turned up a notch and one guitar part in the last segment turned down, in a bit.

I really like this piece!!!!!!!
-Friedrich Nietzsche

indierik

COMEIN00
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Here it is... Hope it works.

-Friedrich Nietzsche

indierik

it has a hiccup at the 127ish mark. why is that?
-Friedrich Nietzsche